Chapter 3

The next day Kion woke up next to Fuli. 

She was already awake. “Good morning, sleepyhead.” She said with a smile on her face.

 “Morning.” Kion answered simply.

“Are you hungry?” Fuli asked.

“Nah, we ate yesterday.” Kion shrugged.

“Oh yeah, we did, I forgot. Well, I have to be on patrol today, Kion, and you need to rest if your ribs are gonna heal.” She gave him an assuring smile that said ‘he’s not gonna find you here.’

“Ok…” He gave a nervous shudder, but hid it. He didn’t want to worry Fuli. “Bye…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon.” Fuli reassured him, noticing the nervous aura around him.

“O-ok…” Kion trailed off. 

Fuli gave him a quick lick on the cheek, nuzzled him, then walked out of the den. 

While Fuli was out Kion tried to get to sleep again, though for some time he struggled to do so. He eventually fell asleep, though his dreams were anything but peaceful.

[FLASHBACK/DREAM (the flashback is mixed in with the dream, he’s dreaming about the past]

“Hello?” Pawsteps echoed throughout Pride Rock. “Kion, little waste of fur, are you here?”

Kion shivered nervously. Earlier that day, he had let a trespasser take down one of the gazelles from Swala’s herd while he let the rest of his friends have a day off, while he went on patrol. He had tried his best to protect the gazelles… but it just wasn’t good enough. Nothing was ever good enough.

“Kion, you’re in big trouble here, you know that?” The menacing voice growled. Kion flinched at the word ‘big’.

No… n-no… please no! Kion shook with fear. Suddenly, the owner of the voice rounded a corner and saw him there, shaking in a corner of Pride Rock fearfully.

It was his father.

His father smirked and raised a paw. “I just can’t wait to tell you what I have planned for your punishment.” He chuckled coldly.

“N-no!” Kion’s voice came out barely any more than just a squeak. “P-please don’t! I-I’ll do anything! Please!”

“I’m afraid you don’t have a choice.”

Kion narrowed his eyes, and though shaking, for once tried to make an effort to stand up for himself. “No! I...I…”

“You what?”

“I won’t let you!” Kion puffed out his chest bravely.

Simba’s jaws formed into a soul piercing smile. A dangerous smile. “I’m afraid you don’t have a choice. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” He unsheathed his claws and lunged for Kion

Then everything went black.

**

“AHHH!” Kion woke up with cold sweat. He remembered that day. That day… let’s just say it was horrible. He remembered what Simba did to him. The memories played vividly in his head and he shook with fear, still not daring to open his eye.

He started hearing quiet steps in the den, he feared the worst and dared open his eye, only to see a black wolf. He sighed in relief that it wasn’t what he thought it was… who he thought it was, though he was still confused why the wolf came back. Again.