Chapter 5: So This Is Love?

In the morning they both woke woke up to the hidious sound of Chongyun's alarm clock. Xingqiu snuggled into Chongyun's chest with a soft groan, he really didn't want to be awake. He was warm, safe, and perfectly fine. That was, until Chongyun started to get up. Xingqiu tried everything in his power to get the boy to lay back down and just cuddle the day away. However, it seemed as though things would not be going in his favour.

Chongyun looked down at the boy that was trying so very hard to stay asleep. He felt his cheeks heat up and his heart begin to race. He didn't understand how someone could be so perfect. Xingqiu was absolutely everything he could possibly ever need or want. His mind was just filled with how incredible Xingqiu was when he heard a soft grunt come from his crush.

"Xingqiu, it's time to wake up" He softly rubbed the boys back, kissing his head.

Xingqiu blushed, looking up at him. "Do we really need to? I'm really comfy" He felt himself blush, but why was he blushing? And why when he looked at Chongyun did his heart start to race?

He has heard of this feeling before, in books. But he never assumed it'd happen to him. This feeling confused him to no end.

"I wish we could," Chongyun yawned, wrapping his arms around Xingqiu, "you could stay the weekend and we can cuddle all you want"

"That sounds nice...lets do it" He smiled, as a knock was heard at the door.

"Come in" Chongyun called, neither of them making any effort to move.

His mom walked in, seeing the boys snuggling. "Oh, well, I see you two are awake, I'll let you cuddle with your boyfriend, but remember school starts soon," She warned them before walking out of the room

"M-Mom!," He called after her, blushing a rather deep red.

Xingqiu was also blushing as he hid his face in his friends chest. 'Boyfriend? I like that title...why does it make my heart race so much thinking of it like I'm Chongyun's boyfriend' he thought to himself, snuggling more into him.

"I'm sorry about that Xing, my mom thinks about my boyfriend because of how much I talk about you," He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's fi-fine Yun Yun," He smiled up at him with a very vibrant blush on his cheeks.

"C-cool," He looked down at him before looking away.

A few awkward minutes went by before Xingqiu made a move to move to move just to be held tighter by Chongyun. "Please don't go yet," He whispered.

"Y-yeah of course," He smiled, oh why was it so nice to be held by Chongyun?

They snuggled for as long as they could before Chongyun's mom cane back up stairs. "Alright boys, I hate to do this but you need to get ready," She called through the door, "I want you both downstairs in 10"

"Yes ma'am!," They called in unison, both sadly breaking out of their snuggling position to get dressed.

Xingqiu slipped on his uniform, neatly tying his tie before looking at a half naked and very confused Chongyun. Xingqiu let out a soft giggle before helping him with his blazer and button up. He pulled him close to tie his tie, looking up to see Chongyun was in very close proximity from his face. He took a step back with a deep red blush on his face.

"A-alright! Time to g-go" He grabbed his backpack, rushing downstairs.

Chongyun also blushed, grinning super wide before following him.

They ate their breakfast and caught the bus to school, meeting up with their friends. Well Chongyun's friends, Xingqiu didn't really feel like they were his friends, considering they never really spoke to him. Instead he pulled out his spare book to read as Chongyun talked to his friends, namily Xiangling. That's when it happened again. A wave of jealousy came over him, he was jealous of Xiangling. He couldn't exactly tell why. He suspected it was because of deeper feelings he wished not to reveal.

Nevertheless, Chongyun talking and smiling to Xiangling in the same manner Chongyun spoke to and smiled at him hurt. He closed his book abruptly, he wanted Chongyun's attention.

"Yun yun," He used his nickname for Chongyun "I'm cold, did you bring your jacket?," Xingqiu leaned onto him.

"Yeah! Here!," He grabbed it, giving it to Xingqiu, who wrapped it around himself.

"Thank you," He smiled, but now he felt bad.

He had no right to be jealous, he sighed, he didn't want to admit it. Nothing in him wanted to admit he had fallen for his best friend. And he had fallen hard. He didn't even realize it till just now, but he was in love with Chongyun.