Chapter 6: 7 More Days?!

They got off the bus and Xingqiu was unusually quiet, even for being the quiet kid. Chongyun began to worry and think it was his fault.

The day passed and Xingqiu wouldn't talk unless getting called on by a teacher. This bothered Chongyun a ton, so he was going to make it right. When the bell rang for lunch Chongyun walked up to Xingqiu's locker. "Hey Xing? Can you wait up a bit I wanna tell you something,"

Xingqiu nodded, closing his locker and waiting for everyone to go off for lunch. When the hallway was empty he looked at Chongyun.

"So I know my mom was joking around with the whole boyfriend thing. And I just wanted to let you know I don't have those feelings for you," Chongyun lied, those words hurting his very soul "plus we're both guys and that's we-weirdd," He rubbed the back of his neck. "Anyway, you don't have to worry about that!" He smiled, waving as he went to lunch.

Xingqiu's heart hurt. He had just found out that he was in love, just to basically learn he'll never be loved back. It's not like he really had anyone to go to. He was alone, and he now had to bury the fact that he was in love with his best friend or else he'd lose the last person close to him.

He backed up against his locker and slid down it, stuffing his face into his knees and sobbing. Why did he have such back luck? Why is love so complicated? And why is it so weird to be in love with your best friend?

Xingqiu was sobbing into his knees when he heard someone sit beside him. He looked up partially to see it was Aether.

"What's wrong Xingqiu?," The blonde asked softly, obviously worried about Xingqiu.

"C-chongyun just told me that he doesn't have feelings for me romantically...a-and...i just figured out that I'm in love with him," Xingqiu cried harder, getting pulled into a tight hug from Aether.

Xingqiu sobbed into Aether's chest, which didn't go unnoticed by everyone coming back from lunch, especially not Chongyun.

Chongyun immediately rushed over there just to be shooed away, but he couldn't do nothing, the love of his life was crying. Was it because he told Xingqiu that he didn't have feelings for him? Even though he was most definitely lying. He shook his head, there's no way. He wouldn't believe that someone as perfect as Xingqiu would even come close to liking him, that was impossible.

But he got nowhere arguing with Aether to let him help, so he grumpily walked to his locker, chewing on a popsicle stick. He looked at his mini calendar, and almost dropped the stick in shock. "Valentine's is only 7 days away....gahhhh! I need to start planning!," He grabbed his stuff and took out his phone.

He went onto Loogle and searched "How to make a perfect love confession to a perfect person" He bit his lip, anxious for the answers.

He scrolled through dozens of articles, none of which he found perfect enough. He huffed, Xingqiu would know what to do. But he couldn't exactly ask Xingqiu how to ask himself out. Or could he?