70. Worry About Yourself

Please vote, it motivates me;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Yashvi's POV:

As I wore my other earring, I heard a knock on the door.

"Tara." I said, as I saw her standing at the door. And just like Meghaa, she looked nervous too as she played with her fingers.

She was wearing her dark blue color lehenga and her hair was all curled up against her face. She looked me up and down before saying, "You look pretty!"

I glanced at my dark blue color lehenga. We both had decided to wear the same lehenga at Rishab's engagement. I smiled at myself as I remembered how excited Tara was for this. "Thanks!... You too!"

She gave me a wide smile before saying, "Can I come in?"

"Sure.... It's your room too!" I replied before letting her walk in.

As I closed the door behind me, Tara spoke. "Look Yash, I am really sorry!... I didn't mean to say anything that I said earlier!... It was all just the alcohol talking!.... I know how difficult it is for you and being your best friend, I should support you!... But all I do is, always make it even more difficult for you!... I know that I hurt you but I swear I didn't mean to!.... Please, don't take anything to your heart!" She kept blabbering.

"It's okay!... I know that you didn't mean to hurt me! I'm not upset with you! Really!" I said cutting her off in between and meant it.

"Really?" she asked and I nodded.

"Oh, thank you so much!" she said, feeling relieved as she walked towards me. "I promise, I'll never repeat this again!" she said as she embraced me.

Honestly, I felt that she was right... I am selfish... and dumb, and stupid. But, that's how I am. I was always like this. And I cannot change myself overnight..... I want to set myself free and do what my heart desires but... But I am scared, I am scared that I am not brave enough to handle what will come along later.