I Want You Back

The next day

Almost two days had gone by since the lad left the pub without a word to anyone.

Something was most definitely wrong!

"He usually comes home after doing his own thing...I was expecting him to sneak in last night but he didn't",Prince mumbled,pasing the room causing creaks and cracks to echoed around them intensely.

"I may hate his stupid ass but... he's my brother,what if something's happened",Prince whispered with so much hurt in him. Michael held tenderly onto the timid lad's shoulders as he nervously rocked back and forth,tears threatening to escape any moment.

"We'll go to the police,",Michael chirped,grabbing his caramel brown coat that worked amazingly well with his skin tone. "No...we'll look around the area.. don't want coppers making everything worse",Prince snapped,going his own path with bravely deciding to go with a t-shirt with jeans.It may of been summer but the wind was everything but warm and breezy.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Have you seen this guy, he's 6'2 and was wearing a-a red leather jacket with plain black trousers on Wednesday night",Prince pressured to the people walking by the local area, holding up the picture of his brother that was luckily taken only a short time ago or else the people might not of recognized the stranger if they had seen his face.

"W-wait please,have you seen this guy",Prince shouted slightly to the woman who had no interest except with herself.

"Prince, Prince... we've been here for hours and either no one's bothered to even look up or they've not recognized it... let's just go to the police... it's getting dark",Michael shrieked at him but the next shriek that came out of him was not of his own accord.

They both stood in shock as Michael slowly put his hand to his cheek, feeling the pain of the hard smack that Prince had layed upon the unofficial boyfriend of his. "How dare you put your hands on me Prince, especially in a time where we need to be strong and sort everything out",Michael cried,vision blurred by his tears.

He could not believe that Prince just touched him in such a cruel manner.After his brother's mannerisms he never thought someone he cared for so much and knew so much could stoop so low.

The strength and desperation of the entire day all built Prince into more and more of a frenzy. And that was when he cracked.

"We're phoning the police...I don't care",Michael muttered turning around,no longer wanting to look at the lad who just days before this tragic time took his pureness and innocence.

"They just cause trouble,we can find him ourselves",Prince sighed,small hands tightly tucked into his pants pockets. So big you could smuggle half te sweet shop in them.

"How do they cause trouble,we are waisting time just standing here,we need to get home and get help",Michael shrieked once again,backing up as the last thing he needed was another slap but the lad who caused it just stood stuck in the same space.

"Coppers may save people's lives and they may catch criminals but I know this is something we need to do ourselves....in movies everyone worked better on their own and didn't need the stinkin' coppers and we don't need them now,got it",Prince insisted,marching up closer to Michael with a militant look.

"Do you know who you remind me of right now....your brother,who is basically missing so instead of trying to act all military could you please just think logically...or maybe you'd like to stay here and batter someone else",Michael sneered,pulling himself away from Prince's trance, walking away with a quick pace.

Prince stood lonely for a second,letting it sink in. What if his brother really was missing or in some bother? What if Michael never forgave him for the mark spreading on his cheek?"I can't believe this... I'm such a dickhead",Prince whimpers,shuffling slowly after Michael,not aware of the pair of eyes watching his every move.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Still no sign of Jerome",Katherine sighed,pouring the tea,debating with herself over the circumstances that may of occurred. The silence from her kids told her everything she needed to know.
"To be on the safe side,we should let the police know...I thought he'd sneak in last night but became quite unhinged when he didn't",She reported,letting out a small sigh with a motherly pat on Prince's shoulder.

"I'm sure he's fine... probably at a friend's house or with a girlfriend...but he has been gone for an awfully long time,it's best we let the police know",Jackie insisted,giving Prince a small smile while he ate his crumpets.

"Yeah I mean...lots of kids act rebellious and Jerome is quite...you know... stereotypically rebellious in a way but it's been too long for us not to worry",Rebbie muttered,not looking up from the wooden table with her melted butter smothering the top of her crumpets.

"We asked people if they'd seen him last night...no one had",Prince whispered, messing with the buttons on his shirt.
Michael tenderly grabbed at his shoulder,the same one his mother grazed with her kindness luminating.

Prince looked at him with worry and love but soon horror.

His cheek was no longer painted with it's beautiful chocalate warmth...it was splattered with a bruise that was going purple.

"We'll do another search today and see if there's anything that could pinpoint where he went...I'm sure the police will be a great help for us Prince",Katherine stated,grabbing her wolly,caramel coat with vibrant fur.

"The police will be no help,it's best we do this on our own Miss Jackson",Prince shouted to her as she busily trotted around the table, setting her eyes on the door,ready to move.

"We don't know what's happened Prince,the police is the only thing we can do right now an-...Michael what the hell has happened to your face",Katherine sighed then shrieked as she spotted her son.

He muttered an excuse to get her off his back.

"Who did this to you Mike,I swear to god I'll kill em",Jackie snapped,banging his fist hard on the table while everyone else pretended not to be in the conversation.

"That must of been your fall from yesterday...damn you Michael... alright I'm gonna GO AHH", Katherine squealed as she opened the creaky door.
"What ma what",Michael shouted,jumping out of his seat just as Prince was ready to burst into tears from the pain he had caused to someone he loved so deeply it hurt.

"Jerome",Michael cried as he stood in the doorway,bloody and soaked through. He walked upstairs without saying a word,ignoring the astonished looks on everyone's faces.