Orphange?

Peter's POV
I had just finished school and I was heading back to my empty apartment. Now you may be wondering why it is empty. Well you see first my parents died. Then my uncle did. Then my aunt. But I didn't want to go into the system so I ran and found myself a small one bedroom apartment. I've been there since I was 11. I'm now 15. It's a rough life but i'm used to it. I still have Ned, my best friend and MJ, my beautiful girlfriend. Oh and i'm Spider-man.

I decided to do a small patrol around for an hour before heading back. I stopped a few mugging, a car theft, a bike theft, helped some people who where lost and saved some people from a burning building. No serious injuries, just some burns and cuts and bruises and I broke my phone but I can easily fix that. I go into the alleyway next to my apartment and change back into normal clothes and head up to my apartment.

When I got there, there was something I was not expecting. Two police officers and a lady was with them. Who are they? What are there doing here? Are they hear for me? Am I gonna get put in the system?

"Are you Peter Parker?" One of the officers asks me.

"U-umm. Y-Yeah that's-that's me. W-why are y-you hear?" I stutter.

"Well seeing as you are under 18 and live alone you need to come with us." Says the woman.

"W-what are you talking about? I-i-i don't l-live alone. My-my aunt i-is j-just a-at w-work."

"Now we know that's not true. You aunt May Parker died 4 years ago. Correct?" The other officers speaks up.

I slowly nod, "And you uncle a year prior to that?"

Nod again, "And you parent when you were 4?"

Once again, I nod. I know where this is going. I'm going to an orphanage or the system and foster care. I don't even realise the tears falling down my face. I don't even realise them taking me out the apartment and into the car. I don't remember them driving. I just remember arriving at the orphanage. It was quite a run down place. Brick walls falling apart, windows you could barely see through, cracks flow through some. And a large door right in the centre.

We walk up to the door and the woman knocks on the door, "Hello. How can I help you?" A tall well dressed woman says with a fake smile when the door opens.

"Hello. I'm Ms Winter. I'm here to drop of a Peter Parker." She motions us inside.

The inside has a damp smell, rot on some of the wooden beams. There wasn't much furniture inside. A large table i'm guessing for meals and a sofa near a every old and small TV.

"James? Chloe? Get down here!" The tall woman calls.

Two children around my age come to the top of the stair, a frightened look in there eyes. They slowly make there way down the wooden staircase asking what she needed.

"Show Peter here around will. James, he will be bunking with you."

"Yes Ms Sun." They reply, so that's her name.

The three us of walk around for a bit showing the rooms upstairs and the other kids in the orphanage. The younger is Ella, who is 5 and i'm now the oldest at 15. James is a year younger then me. He used to be the oldest. Chloe is 12, third oldest.

The only though going through my head right now is that i'll never get adopted. People only want younger kids not teenagers. I'll be stuck here till i'm 18. Yay!

Once shown my room, I put my stuff away and get out my book a read on my bed till dinner. I'm reading Bruce Banner's book on gamma radiation. It's very interesting. At 8pm we are called down for dinner which is some kind of soup and bread. There isn't much so I only take a small amount to make sure there is enough for everyone. My heightened metabolism may suffer later but that's okay. I don't mind. Straight after we are sent to bed. Ms Sun is very strict. It's making me skeptical. I move slowly toward the door to head to the stairs behind everyone when my spider sense warns me of a slight danger. Not a second later i'm getting whack in the back of the head by some wooden pole and being shouted at the hurry up.

I race up the stair and to my room. I flop onto my bed and continue to read. Processing what just happened. That's why they had a frightened look. I don't know when but a some point i'm slipping into darkness and have fallen into a dreamless sleep.

————
I hope you enjoy my story.
I'm not the best at writing so feedback would be appreciated.

Once gain hope you enjoy! 😁