Meeting the Avengers

Peter's POV
After we all talked for a bit and got to know each other a bit better, and how I actually ended up accidentally texting them, Tony thought now would be a good time to meet the Avengers. Okay technically I have already met all of them but they don't know that. I've also beaten their asses like 5 times. But again, they can't know that!

Steve and Tony guide me to the lift. Once inside Tony instructs FRIDAY to take us to the Avengers floor. And down we go. We make it to floor 65 very quickly, the door dings signalling our arrival. On the floor is Natasha, Clint, Sam, Wanda, Vision, Bruce, Bucky, Rhodey, Thor, Pepper and some other people I haven't actually met yet, Scott, Hope, Stephen, T'Challa and Shuri. All heads turn my way, I shrink back at the stares. I may be okay with attention as Spider-man, but as Peter Parker i'm completely different. I hate attention. I hide behind Steve and Tony a bit.

"Guys this is our son. Peter." Tony introduces, "Otherwise know as 'Kid'." He finishes off.

They all stare wide eyed at me. It makes me shrink back further. Hiding behind them completely. Tony and Steve chuckle slightly and guide me out tell me it's safe and not to worry. Once we sit on the sofa. That's when the questions begin.

"Did you adopt him?"

"This is the kid we've been texting?"

"Omg he's soo cute!"

"How did you hide this from us?"

"When did he figure us out and how that he was  texting us?"

It's starts to get too loud. Lights becoming to brights. Everything's getting too much. Question after question is thrown at us and it's too much. I clamp my hands over my ears and squeeze my eyes shuts. Slight whimpers escape my mouth. Everyone goes silent. I still hear their heartbeats. Lights are still too bright.

"Hey. Pete. You okay?" Tony whispers to me but it sounds like he's nearly shouting.

I nod slightly, "Y-yeah. J-just a l-little l-loud." I whisper not even sure if they heard me.

What a great first impression! A sensory overload! I feel myself being lifted up into someone's arms and rocked gently back and fourth until darkness overtakes me.

Tony's POV
I see Peter clasps his hand over his ears and shut his eyes. I quickly shut everyone up as a small whimpers fall out his mouth. I lean over and whisper if he's okay. He says he is fine and everything was just a little loud. I pull him onto my lap and gently rock him tills asleep.

"Is he okay?" Steve asks.

"Yeah. I think so. Everything was just a bit loud." I glare at the team in front of me as I say the last bit.

Then send sheepish smiles towards us. Rubbing the back of their necks or their arms. They apologise for being loud and promise to be more gentle next time.

"Good. He is quite shy. He also gets Nightmares as we know from his texts. He also had one not long ago. He fell asleep in the car, we where going to his room and he had a Nightmare. We don't know what about. Didn't want to talk about it. And now we know he gets startled by loud noises so we need to be gentle. Make him feel welcomed. He's been orphaned for 4 years, "Everyone gasped, "Yeah. He told us when his aunt went, he didn't want to go into the system so he ran and lived by himself for 4 years until they found him about a week ago and was taken to an orphanage and unfortunately it was abusive. So no sudden movements or sounds. Got it?"

They all nod at me. We select a film to watch, and settle down as Peter sleeps cuddled up against my chest, Steve next to us, and arm around my shoulder.   He give me a pecks on the cheek cuddling up. Giving out full attention to the film now.