Chapter Two

It's Friday morning. I love Friday mornings, that means just another few hours, and it's the weekend. I hired someone else to work in the weekends so that I can spend all my time with Lily. She's been really happy the last few days, I was a bit scared that she would get another sad moment since what happened three days ago.

The day after that incident, Jason played with her all day. The two of them were best friends since the first day she went to the school, that's why it hurt her so much that Jason didn't want to play with her.

I look at my clock and see that it's 7 o'clock. That means one thing.

A few minutes later I hear little footsteps in the hallway.Not even a second later and the door from my bedroom went open and there stood Lily. Every morning it was the same, she looks at me with her innocent eyes and shy smile. I open up the sheets, she runs to the bed and snuggles her face in my side.

I smile to myself. I have everything I want in my arms right now.

"Bweaky?" Lily asked while poking my cheek. "Are you hungry sweetheart?" I ask her. She nods her head. "Okay, c'mon then we'll go eat." I say while I pick her up. I carry her to the kitchen and place her in her seat. I grab a bowl and the cereal. "Coco?" Lily asked. I laugh "of course what else. It's the best breakfast, right?" The smile on her face widens, and she cheers "Yay!". One of the reasons that there's no doubt she's my daughter, coco pops.

After breakfast, I dress her and me, and we're on the road to the preschool. "Do you look forward for today?" I ask her. She nods. "That's good, I think you're gonna have lots of fun."

I drop her of at the classroom, and I'm back on my way to the store but not before giving her a big hug.

On my way to the store I stop by a coffee shop for a tea. That's right no coffee but a tea, Yorkshire with a bit of milk to be precise. Maybe I live in LA now, but I was born and raised in England. And let me say British people do love their tea.

Back at the bookstore I finish my tea, clap my hands "Let the day begin." I say out loud to nobody. So I begin to work, I grab some books and put them in the right places on the shelves.

The bell that indicates there is a costumer, rings. I look over to the door and see my favourite costumer. "Hi Mrs Johnson, how are you today?". She gives me a smile and says "Great my dear. I'm just stopping by, I was in the neighbourhood and couldn't resist to come and say hello. How are you Louis?". "I'm good, thank you. I got some new books here do you want to look at them?". She always wants to look at the new books. She laughs and says "You know me so well." I give her some books that I think she will like.

"How are the kids, grandkids?" When I ask she looks up from the book she was reading and gives me a wide smile. You always can see the happiness and love in her eyes as she talks about her family, I think that's why I like her so much. This time though the smile and the light in her eyes are even brighter. "That's why I was in the neighbourhood actually, I have a new grandchild!" She tells me. "Oh that's great, is it a girl or a boy?".

"It's a girl, and she is so cute. Do you know what, I will bring you a photo next time, dear!". I smile at her and say "I would love that, babies are adorable, I love them. I remember when I held Lily for the first time and I cried so much."

She laughs at me "Wait till your first grandchild, it's even worse then." I laugh at that and shake my head "I hope that's not going to happen in the next 30 years".

"You never know Louis, you were also very young when you got your daughter. But I got to go now, goodbye and till next week." And with that she walks out the door.

Over the next few hours people walked in and out of the bookstore.

I feel my phone buzzing in my pants. When I grab it I see it's the preschool, all sorts of thoughts going through my mind. They never called me before. Has something happened to Lily? I pick up the phone before I panic too much. "Hello" You can hear the worry in my voice.

"Hello, Mr. Tomlinson?" The woman on the phone asks. "Yeah that's me, is there something wrong with Lily?" I ask her. "Yeah, Lily is feeling poorly, she's also been crying and calling for you. I called to ask if you could pick her up.". I look around the store and I sigh in relief to see that there aren't any costumers. "Yeah that's okay, I will be there in 15 minutes." After that we say our goodbyes.

I close the cash register and look around for my keys. They lay behind the counter, I grab them and make my way out the door.

When I went to grab the doorknob someone walks in the store. "I'm really sorry, but the store is closed." I say to them. "Oh I didn't know, sorry, I thought it's still early, so it must be open." The person says. Their voice is low, and I quite like the sound. When I look up to see the person in front of me, I was stood frozen. He had the most beautiful brown curls. When I looked a little down I saw his emerald green eyes, after a few seconds staring in his eyes, my eyes travelled a little down to his pink lips. After a while he looked down, and I was ripped out of my daze.

"Y-yeah, I'm closing early. My daughter isn't feeling well, so I have to go pick her up." I say eventually. He looked back up to me "Oh, I hope she feels better soon." And gave me a small smile. "Thank you" after I say that I give a sincere smile at him. He gave me a smile so wide that I saw his dimples. He has dimples, wow. "Right, till next time." He says and with that he walks out of the store.

I stood there for a minute, thinking about the man with the green eyes, brown curls and a smile that shows dimples. He was beautiful. Then reality struck and the green eyes were forgotten. Not a second later I walked out the door, and was on my way to the preschool.

When I saw Lily crying, I ran to her and picked her up. "Hey sweetheart, it's daddy, I'm here now. Shhh little angel, it's alright." I whisper in her ear while rubbing her back. She keeps crying.

The car ride was silent except for the quiet sobs from Lily.I sigh to myself. It reminds me of a few days ago, when I couldn't make her stop crying either.

While I was thinking of things to make her feel better, we arrived at home. When inside I put her in bed and made her a tea.

After that I got next to her on the bed. She was still crying. It breaks my heart to see her like that. I kept thinking about when she was crying three days ago and how she finally stopped. Then I remembered, the song. But what was it called, I don't remember. The only thing I remember is the rhythm.

So I just began to hum the song.

"Mmmmh Mmhmm

Sweet mmmh"

Wait, sweet something. Sweet baby? No, sweetheart? No, sweet creature? Yes that's it. I was so happy that I almost made a victory dance. I search the song in a music app on my phone. Not a minute later, I found it. I saw the singers name, Harry styles, now I remember, yeah it's this one.

I put the song on. Not even a few seconds later and Lily stopped crying. After a while I began to hum along with the song.

At the end of the song Lily was even smiling and not soon after she was peaceful asleep.

I went to the living room and sat on the couch. But before I turn the TV on, I picked up my phone and purchased the song.

This song is something special. It was almost like magic, it is the only thing that can make Lily smile again when she is crying. And I would do anything to see her smile all the time, so if that means that I have to buy the song then that is what I will do. Besides, its a really good song.