Chapter Seven

I'm looking out the window and see the houses I passed countless times before. I look back to my right and see Lily peaceful asleep against my side. She has been for the past two hours.

At the airport we took a cab 'cause my mum couldn't pick us up. She was really disappointed, but I understand, the girls had school and London is a bit too far away.

I gently caressed Lily's cheek and whispered in her ear. "Wake up, love" she stirred. "We're almost there sweetheart." With that she quickly straightened up. "Really?" She asks with a wide grin. I smile and nod at her.

Not even a minute later and the car comes to a stop. "We're here, love" I step out of the cab and wait till Lily scoots over and steps out through the same door. She grabs my hand with her tiny hand and I look down at her. I see that she's a bit shy all of a sudden. I squat down so we're the same height.

"What's wrong love?" She looks at me and I see her lip tremble. I quickly take her in my arms and that's when the tears begin to flow. While Lily is sobbing in my neck I see that the cabdriver already dropped our luggage on the sidewalk and I thank him, so he can go back to his work.

"Shh it's alright, you're fine." I whisper in her ear along with other soothing words. She keeps sobbing in my neck, so I do what always makes her stop, I begin to sing 'sweet creature'. As expected the sobs immediately quiet down.

I knew it would work and after so many times I'm still shocked what an effect the song has on her. If I ever have the chance to meet this guy I will definitely thank him.

Once she's completely calm I ask her again what's wrong. "I'm scawed, daddy" She finally tells me. "Why are you scared love?"

"W-what i-if they don't like me any mowe." I rub her back while she explains to me. It breaks my heart to hear her words, that she thinks they wouldn't love her any more.

"Oh honey, they love you. They're gonna be so happy that you're here. They will want to play constantly with you. They missed you as much as you missed them. They love you as much as you love them, sweetheart." I try to reassure her. They definitely love her, everyone does. They ask all the time about Lily when we're in LA.

When I see that she is a bit happier and less scared I stand up with Lily in my arms. "You will see how much they love you sweetheart." With those words I pick up the luggage with my free hand and make my way to the familiar door.

When I was at the door Lily pressed the doorbell. Ten seconds later and the door opens, it is my mum. She gasped "Lily! Louis! You're here!" She yells with teary eyes. Immediately she huggs us both. "Grandma!" Lily shouts.

"Oh, loves, I missed you both so much!" My mum says when she pulls back from the hug. "We missed you to mum." I say to her. I give Lily to my mum and I step inside so they both could have a moment alone. I know how much my mum misses her first and only grandchild when we're in LA. I also know that Lily misses her grandma just as much. I always feel guilty about the fact that we don't see each other much, it's my fault. The reason why is that I decided to stay in LA.

When I stepped in the house I shouted "You didn't miss us or what!". I laughed when I heard the squeals and footsteps. "Louis!"

The first ones there were the older twins, Daisy and Phoebe, they tackled me in a hug. "Hey, girls" I said to them. Soon after Lottie and Fizzy came down the stairs with each of them one of the younger twins in their arms, Doris and last but not the least Ernie. I walked to them and gave each a hug. "Hey Lots, hey Fiz." I squatted down "Well hello there little girl, missed you." I said to Doris. "Achoo!" She jumped in my arms. And of course little Ernie followed his twin sister and also jumped in my arms. "Hey Ernie, my little brother. Now you're not the only guy any more in a house full of girls hé." I tickled him and he giggled.