Stay out of the Queen's way

To say that Marinette was done was an understatement.

She stared at her desk, the shreds of her sketchbook staring back at her. Wrath was slowly making its way through her veins, growing more and more the longer she looked at the desk.

She barely heard the flapping of an Akuma near her ear, but it didn't really register as tears sprung into her eyes.

"Princess Justice, I am Hawkmoth. People believed the lies told to them by a serpent, I give you the power to expose those lies. In return, bring me Ladybug's earrings and Chat Noir's ri-"

"Shut. Up." Marinette snarled.

Gabriel had spoken with Marinette before, but even then, when she had snapped at him, he never heard this kind of malicious tone and quite frankly, was grateful that he wasn't the one that anger was directed at.

"Listen here, Hawkbitch, first, I'm no Princess. I'm the Queen. Secondly, I will not let you akumatise me. The heroes would inevitably show up and put an end to my justice before I could even attempt to start what I plan on doing to those peasants. I can build my kingdom from scratch by myself. Now recall your little Akuma and I swear to Kwami if you akumatise someone else with this Akuma and give me any kind of delay in my planning, I will come for you just as I'm coming for my classmates. And trust me when I say that you do not want to get on my bad side. Did you get that into your pea-sized brain? Do not send an Akuma out ."

The Akuma was quickly recalled, fluttering as fast as it could out of her balcony. Gabriel dropped his transformation and hurried back down to his office.

"Nathalie, please tell me that Adrien is on good terms with Mlle. Dupain-Cheng."

Nathalie turned to her boss, remembering the other night when she overheard Adrien ranting to his friends over the phone about the blunette in question. "I do not believe he is, sir. Why do you ask?"

When he explained to her what Marinette had already been planning in her mind as she confronted Hawkmoth, Nathalie froze. Hopefully, Adrien made up with her before she put that plan of hers into action, though something told Nathalie that that wouldn't happen, either because of the boy being too oblivious for his own good or because the blunette wouldn't accept his apology. She figured it would probably be both.

Kwami help everyone that dared to turn on the furious Queen.