The End...Or Is It?

Marinette stood behind the counter, bored, taking orders as Sabine gave the customers their pastry.

It was a slow day in the bakery, with just a few customers coming in an hour. Technically, she didn't have to help that day, but there was nothing better to do.

Marinette never thought she'd actually miss Hawkmoth's Akumas, but at least they gave her something to do.

She had sent a text to her partners an hour ago asking if they wanted to go on an impromptu date, and while they had said yes, both had said it might take them a few hours until could come, both of them having been invited to some party by some old geezer, some wealthy person that Marinette didn't personally know.

The door chime rang and Marinette glanced up, the usual 'Welcome to the Dupain-Cheng Bakery, how can I help you?' spiel already floating out of her mouth until she paused, doing a retake.

Kagami and Félix came waltzing in, arms linked together.

Kagami wore a red, strapless dress decorated with red hem mesh falling from a choker and the skirt of the dress, flowing as the wind picked it up, and short, closed-toe wedges. Her hair was down like usual, but instead of not wearing any accessories, she wore a red bow that matched the dress perfectly.

Félix was wearing his usual black vest and tie, with a white dress shirt underneath and black dress pants to match, alongside black dress shoes. His hair was gelled into sticking in place, though the edges still stuck out a little, seemingly messed up by the wind.

Marinette blushed deeply, seeing their outfits.

It made sense, seeing as the two had just come from a semiformal party, but Marinette couldn't help but realize just how attractive her partners really were, making her feel extremely lucky to have them.

They made their way up to the register, Kagami sending her a wink as Félix scanned the menu, making Marinette blush deepen.

"Hm, there's just so much to choose from, wouldn't you agree, Mon bijou?" Félix hummed, glancing over to Kagami, a smirk growing on his face.

By then, all the customers had left, satisfied with just receiving their orders.

"You're right, too much. I can't make a choice. Miss, what do you recommend?."

"Er, the macaroons are really good," Marinette suggested, trying not to let her voice shake.

"Are they?" Félix asked, leaning closer to Marinette, grinning evilly.

"Y, yup!" Marinette laughed, feeling her blush darken the closer he got.

"Is there anything else that might be good?" he asked, voice completely neutral.

"Uh, croissants? Bear claws? Danishes?"

"Hm, I was thinking something else," Félix looked down at Kagami, whose smile matched his.

"Seems like we were thinking the same thing, Mon râleur." At the nickname, Félix frowned, but only for a second, before picking the act back up.

"Well, how much for the pretty little clerk? I'm willing to pay top dollar." Kagami nodded along as Félix spoke, both of their smiles widening as Marinette became a tomato.

They stayed like that until Félix and Kagami couldn't not laugh anymore, and they broke down in a fit of laughter, shaking Marinette from her 'oh-my-Kwami-they're-so-cute-and-hot' trance. She bristled for a moment, before giving them a smirk of her own.

"Well, for you cuties, I think I could give you a discount. How's one date sound? Is that a fair price, Ma belle? Mon trésor?" Félix and Kagami paused, blushing, before a quiet chuckle startled them out of their own world.