The Field of Violets

They ended up taking an extra half hour just to finally leave the apartment, Tom having gotten too far down the story rabbit hole. The small crowd began walking in a supposedly random direction, conversing amongst themselves. Marinette stayed near the back with her partners, their hands clasped in hers, swinging lightly as they walked.

"Does anyone know where we're going?" Marinette questioned, glancing around at her friends. Félix shrugged, eyes following along the road.

"I was not the one who informed them to come. I am only responsible for Kagami's presence." he sighed, eyeing the people, who, now that she thought about it, were probably crashing on the throuple's date-time.

"I only informed Adrien, as we were at fencing practice when Félix called me," Kagami explained when she was sent a questioning glance.

Marinette and Félix hummed knowingly.

It was totally Adrien who invited the rest of the group.

"As such, no, I do not know where we are going. Knowing who is leading us, we may very well just be on some meaningless walk, or even possibly on our way to the city gym." Félix growled, eyeing Kim and Alix, who were at the front of the group, talking about some new challenge they were going to bet on.

Alix's truth.

Her competitiveness.

Marinette let go of Félix's hand to playfully swat at him, before taking his hand back into hers.

"That'd be like saying that if you were leading the group, you'd take us to a library or a museum."

"But. But I would." Félix said, voice swarmed with confusion.

"Personally, I'd take us to my house, so we could train in the backyard." Kagami weighed in.

"I'd much rather go to the mall or a fabric store. The one near the park has a sale going on this evening, and I definitely don't want to miss that." Marinette gasped, realizing that she'd have to leave the warmth and comfort her partners and friends brought with them if she wanted to make it to the sale on time.

Maybe she could find some way to convince them to come... She could probably persuade Kagami, who had yet to go to a fabric store with Marinette, to go, but Félix, who had gone before, and who knew just how long and how much she'd make him carry, would probably end up passing no matter what she said.

Marinette was only pulled from her train of thought when she collided into Kagami's back, quickly realizing everyone had come to a stop.

They were at a park, one Marinette hadn't been to. Green grass stretched out, the occasional tree offering cool shade. Instead of being busy, the park actually seemed to be pretty empty. In fact, Marinette could only find one other group there, under the shade on a blanket, having a picnic. The other group seemed so wrapped in their conversation that they hadn't noticed there were now other people in the park.

Marinette turned back to her own group to find that someone had brought out a blanket and had laid it down on the grass. Alix took out a basket, full of pastries picked up from Marinette's parents' bakery, paired with some sandwiches that looked fancy enough to have come from Chloé's hotel.

Thinking about it, they probably were.

Marinette was yanked down onto the blanket and a sandwich was then shoved into her hands, and everyone burst into conversation, each in their own world.

Still in shock from suddenly being forced down, Marinette didn't register someone was talking to her until there was a hand in front of her, Adrien staring at her with his eyes full of amusement.