Chp 17: Way Back Home

Areum P.O.V

Again the same routine. I entered our room and saw the love of my life sleeping peacefully. Peacefully right that's what is he doing for a long time. Honey wake up now.

I went towards him.
"Good morning Love. Wake up now or I'll hit you with a pillow.
Yeah Jeon Jungkook get up now you lazy ass"
I said as a tear rolled down my cheeks.

I cleaned him with a wet towel changed his clothes and pecked his lips.

"I am going to feed Iseul."

Author P.O.V

As Areum was about to get up. She saw something she wanted to see for years. Jungkook moved. He was coming back to his conscious. He opened his eyes and tried to adjust to the light. Areum cried out of joy. She quickly called their family doctor.

Doctor Lee came quickly as expected.

"Ahhh. My head where am I. Am I dead?"

"Don't move Jungkook. Let me check you"
Doc checked him, prescribed some tonics, a special diet, Areum thanked him and he went back to work.

Areum P.O.V

I moved towards him, sat on the bed, caressed his cheeks as tears were falling down. I pecked his Eyes, cheeks, lips and hugged him tightly

I could tell he was startled by my Actions.

"Yah what are you doing. It's not like I was not awake for months" He laughed.

That laugh that my ears were begging to hear. I finally heard him laughing. His laugh is like a soothing music to my ears. That feels like an euphoric bliss.

"Not months but after a whole damn year"

"What. Wait isn't it 2020"

"No honey it's 2021. You were in comma for a whole year. I missed you a lot. You know you missed something. Not something but someone. Someone that is part of you."

"What are you saying Areum? Who?"

Suddenly I heard some noises.

"Who is here. Who is making those nosies? Do we have a guest?. But the sound of noises is coming from our room. It's more like someone saying incoherent words. Let me se--Ahh Heck I can't move my neck."

"No my love there is no guest. You want to see. Let me show you. But first Let me massage your neck then you will be able to move"

I massaged his neck. Can't wait to show him.

I asked him to close his eyes. Ofc that someone is in the room. He'll see it before we reach to that being.

I helped him to stand up. Took him towards her.

"Open your eyes love"

As soon as we reached there. He was shock. More like shook to the core.

"Who-who is she? What's she doing here?"

"My love she is our daughter. Your daughter. A part of you and me."

"She-she is my dau-daughter. She is so beautiful just like you. I can't believe I am a fa-father. I-I have a daughter. Can-can I hold her." He was crying, tears of joy.