prologue - 00:00

The young brunette girl at 16 years old stuffed her backpack with all the necessities she needed to survive

The young brunette girl at 16 years old stuffed her backpack with all the necessities she needed to survive. The crystal clear tears that rolled down her cheek like beads were endlessly falling onto the ground. With one last look around her crappy run-down bedroom, she fled that household.

The technique of escaping through the window was a tedious task for the young girl who latterly had stitches. The abrasions on her knees were caused by the great jump she had to take to get down. Brushing her clothes, she leaped over the gate without a single footstep being heard.

A triumphant smile appeared on her face, but she thought it was a bit too early to commemorate her escape. It was a departure that was discreetly planned for two straight years. Memorizing every security camera in the area, analyzing the routes best to travel through, getting a ride without the usage of an identification card, and making sure no police officer sends her back to her household.

It was sunset when she subsequently arrived at a public restroom that was nearly 30 minutes away from where she escaped. She took out the hair bleach that she bought ahead of time. She meticulously applied it, wishing that it wouldn't fail because her plan would go straight in the trash if it did.

She remained in a stall unobtrusively and rinsed it off after her timer went off. Her hair was unmistakably not perfect. A couple of streaks of brown were still present and she was left with orange-blonde hair. It was more beneficial than having coffee-colored hair. Her plan recommenced as she bolted to her next destination.

It was an obsolete convenience store that was on the verge of shutting down. They are known for their expired commodities and faulty security cameras. It was the fittest place to rest and eat while on the run.

With a dark green shirt and black leggings, she strolled in, a mask covering half of her face. She scanned the products, examining their expiration date, and clutched a couple of items that she looked at as her food rations. The old man rang the products and she paid with ease.

At this time, it was completely dark outside. The defective street lamp near the store was flickering which made the atmosphere similar to a horror movie that spooked her. She sat down outside on the bench, resting before she took her last route to safety.

A young man with an umbrella came to the store. He didn't go inside but sojourned outside the entrance. It resembled like he was anticipating someone. The girl apprehensively approached the teenager who seemed to be near her age.

"Hey, you, milk tea boy. Can you take me to the nearest bus stop?" she requested without a change in her expression. Her face remained hard to read and emotionless. At that point, even her voice appeared emotionless. "Well, can you?"

Before responding, the boy looked around if there was anyone else nearby who she could refer to, but it was indeed him she was referring to.

"Why do you trust me to do that?"

"You look kind and sweet. Someone who you would want to protect, but instead they protect you," she replied, desiring to obtain the answer she wanted to hear. "It's not like we're going to meet a second time."

"Fine with me," he shrugged and the two of them stepped side-by-side towards the nearest bus stop. It was an unpretentious awkward walk that felt uncanny. It was just their tracks filling the silence.

They ultimately arrived at the bus stop. The lighting was better than at the old convenience store, which gave them a chance to clearly see each other's faces.

"Thank you, Taro milk tea boy," she mustered up a smile to show the kind boy her gratitude towards him. "I hope you live a wonderful life."

"Oh, wait!" the unforeseen exclamation made the boy jump up. "I have a question."

"What is it?"

"What hair length is the best?" she questioned him. "Just tell me."

"Medium length, why?"

The girl took out scissors from her bag and chopped off her hair to make it shorter. Her long hair was now medium length. The boy stood there in confusion by her spur-of-the-moment action. The wind got rid of the evidence that she had latterly cut her hair.

The girl hopped onto the bus and waved goodbye to him. It was when the boy noticed that her name tag fell off. He was able to get it, but the bus took off before he could give it back to her.

"So the Charmander-looking girl's name is Ahn Inseol, huh?"