02:40

"Are you ready?"

"Are you ready?"

"What's the plan anyway?" Serene questioned. At that moment, Shotaro was driving to the destination of the mission that was going to take place. He didn't give many details as he pushed them to be said later on. "Give me some details."

"There will be a clandestine meeting between corrupt politicians in an hour. We're heading to their base, which is the house of the most eminent official attending the meeting," Shotaro apprised, then making a sharp right turn. He stepped on the pedal to reach a higher speed. "We'll need to kill everyone."

"Why? I get they're corrupt but again, why?"

"They plan to bomb the poorest part of Korea and turn it into a factory for appliances," Shotaro notified. His grip on the wheel was tighter than before as he continued to speak. "They're planning to pretend to be concerned. After they announce that there were still no leads on who could have bombed the area, they plan to close the case. They won't even pay for the lives and homes taken from their plan."

"That's messed up," Serene grumbled. Her hand was headed for the button that lowers the window to let in some fresh air. Once the window rolled down, she immersed herself in the night breeze. "Hey! Ghostie! That's unfair!"

The evil action of using the button on his left to close the window offended the girl who was enjoying the fresh air. It was a constant opening and closing battle between the two.

"I'm older than you, Shotaro!"

"I'm smarter than you, Charms," Shotaro stuck his tongue out at the girl and focused his attention back on the road.

"I'm more attractive, Ghostie."

"I'm taller, Charms."

"I'm cuter, Ghostie."

"I'm stronger, Charms."

"Well fuck you, Ghostie," the taste of defeat swarmed Serene. The petty fight between the two was now at its end.

"Then do it," Shotaro mumbled in an inaudible way that it sounded like gibberish to Serene.

"What did you say?"

"I said you're stupid," Shotaro spat, then glanced at the girl beside him. "Rest. We have 30 more minutes until we arrive."

"Whatever, Ghostie."

"Sleep tight, Charms."

🧋

"We're here," Shotaro announced, patting softly on the girl's shoulder. With an abrupt jump up, Serene had awoken. "We have less than ten minutes left. Let's go over the plan."

"Did I do anything embarrassing while I was sleeping?" Serene asked.

Shotaro dared not to mention the multiple times Serene hit her head against the window. He held his laugh every time, just in case she would wake up after hitting her head.