Chapter 1

WARNING: LOTTA VIOLENCE, (MAYBE) SELF-HARM, LACK OF EATING, AND SUICIDE

I slice a man's throat. 

Pretty easy to kill people when I brainwash them into not moving. I use a cloth to dry the blood, leaving the body there. I'm already wearing a mask over my mouth and nose and a hood. I walk out of the ally like nothing had happened. 

I walk down the side walk after taking my mask down. I walk for just a few seconds before seeing a pro hero walking down the street. Great. 

"Hey, kid!" He smiled cheerfully. "You staying out of trouble?"

"Yup," I said. Totally didn't just kill a guy. He kept on his smile as we walked past each other. 

Suddenly I heard him shout behind me. 

"Oh my God!" I smirk to myself. "Hey kid!" I turned around trying to hide my smile. "You better get home, a villain might be nearby."

"Oh. Do you know what villain?" I said preparing to activate my quirk.

"No, just make sure to-" His eyes went blank and he stood there, frozen. I threw the knife I had to him.

"Catch," he caught the knife and just held it. "Now do me a favor and kill yourself." 

He put the knife to his neck and pulled it across his throat. I closed my eyes as I heard his body crash to the ground. I sighed and turned around. I didn't particularly enjoy killing heroes or innocents. I only do it to get rid of witnesses or if they might give me trouble. 

I start walking down the sidewalk again, not bothering to go back for my knife. 

I stop to go into a grocery store. I walk around and grab some simple, quick meals and cat food. I stuff it all into my backpack when no one's looking and leave the store because I don't have any money. 

I walk until I reach the abandoned apartment building I call home. I walk inside and reach the room on the top floor I cleaned up enough to make it livable. My four cats walk over, greeting me with meows and rubbing themselves on my leg. One was white, named Conquest; another was a rusty brown, named War; one was black, named Famine; and the last one was grey, named Death. 

I pulled out the cat food I stole and poured it into the large bowl they share. They began to eat as if they hadn't eaten in days. Then I realized they actually haven't. I sighed.

"I'll need to stock up so you guys don't starve," I said to them. They give me small meows in response and continue to finish their food. I get out some of the precooked cold rice I stole and eat the whole bag in seconds, just realizing that I've gone without food longer than my cats. Grabbing some more food and eating all of that quickly, I realize it was probably a mistake. 

I run to another room and puke all over the floor. I would have gone to the bathroom, but this is an abandoned building, and there's no water. I puke for a while until my stomach is completely empty again, and I'm just on my knees gagging. Famine came into the room cuddled next to me. I pet her before finally finding out there's somehow more food in my belly, and I put that out, too.