Chapter 5

Kaminari POV: 

When the alarm sounds, Aizawa, me, and the rest of the class rush outside. It's Shinso, and he's... climbing a tree? 

I notice the metal walls around the school. Oh. He's trying to escape. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I was being nice to him. He seemed really upset about that. It seemed like he wanted to be left alone, so I did, but was that a mistake? Leaving a villain unsupervised? It only just occurred to me that he probably didn't choose to join that villain rehabilitation program. 

Then I saw Aizawa capture him with his scarf. He fell, and... so fast, the scarf was around his neck. He didn't struggle now, like I would expect him to. He looked so... sad. Suddenly it hit me as to what he was doing. He was committing suicide. I, along with the rest of the class, was so completely shocked, we couldn't move. 

The only one to do anything was Aizawa, who rushed over to stop him. Shinso screamed something, but I wasn't close enough yet to hear. 

"Kiddo, I know you think nothing is worth it, but at least stick around a bit longer to find something worth living for. It'll come. I promise."

The way he said it... Like Shinso's tried to do this before. Then, he started... crying. I thought he might have been trying to be a better person, but I know he's still a villain. I never expected him to actually regret his actions. But he was wrapped in Aizawa's hug. I'd never seen Aizawa show that much affection for anyone, much less a villain.... or a student.... or anyone..

While everyone else was still shocked, I got ahold of myself. I walked up to them both. Aizawa noticed me and let Shinso go. Shinso then wrapped his arms around himself and cried harder. Without thinking, I got closer to him and wrapped my own arms around him. 

He seemed surprised and didn't hug back, but I still held him close. I don't know what he went through, but I clearly don't know the half of it. 

All my life I had been taught that villains are bad, but looking at this kid... it made me realize I don't even know him. I don't know his story, I don't know his quirk, I don't know anything about him. Still, I've found that I care for him immensely. I don't want him die, and I don't want to see him cry. 

I've had a good life. Parents that love me, good friends, average grades, a heroic and powerful quirk. Does he have any of that?

"What's in the past is in the past. I don't know what you went through, but I hope I can make it better." 

I don't care if everyone else thinks he can't be trusted. I want to prove he can. 

I hug him as his own arms wrap around me, and a small sob comes from him. I want to make his pain stop. And I will. I squeeze him even tighter, determined to destroy whatever is making him feel like this. 

We sit there in that position for a long while. It being autumn, the orange and yellow leaves fall to the ground around us. The wind ruffles our hair. 

The rest of the class just stares, but I don't care. I just want him to feel better. 

Shinso POV:

Just as he touched me, my sobs stopped and silent tears streamed down my face. My eyes were open and wide. I was stunned. My breathing got slower and calmer as he held me tighter. 

Why did he care? 

The thought ran through my mind a thousand times over. I didn't hug him back, I didn't understand why he hugged me in the first place. It didn't make sense. Not to me. 

I, who has killed multiple people, maybe even people he knew, should be the last person to care. I was the last person who deserved a hug. Everyone thought so since figuring out my quirk. 

Then I realized,

He didn't know my quirk... That's why he cared for me. He doesn't know how many people I've killed. He just doesn't kno-

"What's in the past is in the past. I don't know what you went through, but I hope I can make it better."

 My eyes widen. Did he know? I don't care. I don't care if I don't deserve it. I don't care if he leaves me later. I don't care about the future, past, or anything else right now. All I can think about is that he cares for me now. 

The only thing I can think of to thank him is accepting the hug, wrapping my own arms around him. I cry, letting him comfort me. I notice even Aizawa looks surprised, but I don't care. He cares, so... I care about him. 

My parents. My family. My friends. My old teachers. Heroes. So why? Why did he care for me? 

I don't know, but he does. I want to make up for everything I've done, but...

How...

How could they ever forgive me?

(872 Words)

God, it's so short and I'm so sorry, but future ones will probably be longer, thanks for reading! Also sorry for taking forever to update.