Seen 3

Seen

You're worried she'll tell Derek on you, or tell the whole hospital about your near-miss of a kiss last night, but she doesn't.

She stroked your hair last night for half an hour until you were purring like a kitten under her touch.

The next time you see her is when Bailey asks her to consult on a case, and you don't understand why she's here until she explains her genetics research to you.

Of course, another faux-pax. And also, underestimating her.

Addison suggests that she help with the surgery, and you're delighted, and you're glad that Addison isn't a gossip even if you're a little disappointed that she hasn't talked to you about the previous evenings' events at all.

You want to know what she's thinking. Is she thinking about you?

Bailey is attached to this patient, and you feel yourself start being attached to Addison.

What is it with you and holding onto anyone caring and kind as soon as you meet them?

Your mother goes missing. They find her. She goes missing again.

It's probably genetic; your perpetual tendency to run away.

The patient isn't responding well.

Oh, no.

You've done your part in the resecting, but his lungs are failing, and his kidneys are failing, and you can see on Addison's face that he's not going to make it.

Bailey's gonna be crushed.

His heart is failing, and Bailey is pumping on the patient's chest. You try to step in and ease him out of the world, but Bailey pushes you aside again.

It's so hard to let go when it's so close to the end.

Addison sees that he's gone, and she acknowledges it. She calls it, and then she heads into the scrub room without a word.

Addison follows her, and then you follow them, tentatively.

Bailey scrubs out, leaving you alone with Addison.

You hope that you'll finally have the talk that you're needing to have with her.

"He doesn't want me anymore. I put these rings on because they're pretty, but they're just decoration," Addison sighs.

Who wouldn't want her?

"I can't believe he would give all that up... Not for the likes of me for sure," you sigh back.

Yeah, that was too good to be true at the time.

"I believe it. You're special, Grey," Addison smiles softly.

Oh no, now your heart is pounding again.

"So you're gonna divorce him?" You blurt out.

Yup, you're definitely obvious.

"The ball is in his court. If he signs, then I'll sign... And I really do think that he's going to sign them," says Addison.

Yipee!

*

*

*

*

*

***** FIN