twenty eight

"She was all 'we should definitely go together, it'll be so much fun!' Scarlett said, fiddling around with the foosball table.

Jake and Levi decided to buy me a fucking fooosball table with some money they won from betting on Jake's cousin at the Stag. It was very much appreciated, but also very unnecessary.

"That is weird, do you know what she wants?" I asked,

Apparently Michaela has been being really nice, and sweet....and not bitchy, which honestly, I found quiet hard to belive.

"No, but I'm sure she's not 'just being nice'," Scarlett said.

I looked over to the side and saw the letter that my father had written for me.

I thought about telling Scarlett everything. About how I found the pills in my house, and everything that my mom said.

"Wait, do you know when you'll be out of here?" She asked.

"Hmm?.....oh no, I have a checkup this Sunday, and I'll find out then..."

Even if I did tell her everything, there's not much she could do...right?
And she's already done so much for me-

"Well all the best for that."

"Thanks," I sighed, picking up my phone, when I saw three unexpected texts...

Arya: heyy, just found out you're in the hospital, tc <3
Arya: also are you and Aiden a thing now or something?

Grace: hi Hayley, gws!!
Grace: anddd what's the tea w you and Aiden grayy

WHAT

"Umm..Scarlett?"

"Hmm?"

"What is going on?"

"What do you mean?"

"Uhh...Arya and Grace from school texted me, they asked what the deal is with.... Aiden and me?" I said confused and slightly annoyed.

"Oh....heh....Levi put a picture of you two on his Instagram story, and well....people have always been overly concerned about Aiden's life....and Jake's for that matter, and-

"What?"

"Yeah,"

"A picture?"

"Of you and Aiden,"

"When,"

"When we all came over the other day,"

Ugh.
All of them, were sort of weirdly popular. I don't really know how it works, but everyone on campus, sort of knew them.
I guess Aiden was like that as well?
I mean everyone seemed to know him, and he did look fucking insanly good.

I then remembered the semi collen tattoo on his arm, similar to the one my dad had.

"I need to piss, I'll be back in a second," Scarlett said, walking out of the room.

I looked at the letter letter my father had written me.

What did the tattoo mean? Did it mean something...or is it a coincidence?

I took a deep breath in and Googled it.

In a literary sense, the semicolon represents a decision by an author to continue a sentence, rather than ending it. In life, it symbolizes a choice to keep going rather than stop, which is particularly poignant for people battling suicidal thoughts, self-harm, and depression.