twenty six

"Don't eat or drink anything for the next couple hours, your surgery will be done by 4pm, after that, you can have anything you want," the nurse finished and walked out.

It was still 8 in the morning, and all I had was a cup of green tea.

"Its gonna be fine," my mom said squeezing my palm.

"I'm not worried," I said.

"Well I am," she said, and I chuckled.

"Don't be, it's going to be fine," I copied.

She sighed.

Not more than and hour later, I was taken to another room. I started to get a tiny bit nervous, but the second they injected me with some sedative, I was out. I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep, one that I'd never experienced before.

****

I opened my eyes, looking around as as heard the door creek open.

I was now in my room at the hospital again. I vaguely remembered being brought here, but still was a little confused.

I then saw Aiden walking into the room, dressed in a suit and blazer.
I've seen him in a suit more than 3 times now, but how good he looks literally blows my mind every fucking time.

"Hey sorry, didn't mean to wake you, I left my jacket here," he said softly.

"Hii," I smiled stupidly, feeling all loopy because of the sedatives.

"How're you feeling?"

"Greatttttttt," I slurred, and he let out a small chuckle.

"It got over faster than I thought," he said.

"What's the time?" I asked.

"3:30," he replied, looking at his watch...."I'll come back in the evening?"

"Sur- oh my god, no no no no n," I said, feeling incredibly uncomfortable.

"What's..wrong?" Aiden asked.

"Mmmh my ring....oh god, I felt it there. She told me to take it off, the nurse. I need it," I cribbed, trying to get off the bed.

"Wait wait, I'll get it," he said. "Where is it?"

"Uhm...the nurse has it, I think, I hope,"

"Okay," he said , walking out.

The ring my father gave to me, I literally never took it off, I needed it. What if he didn't find it, or if the nurse lost it? I really needed it, and I would not be okay if i didn't have it. As cheesy as it sounds, it's one of the few things that reminded me of him. I was also not thinking a hundred percent straight because of the sedatives. His paintings as well ofcource reminded me of him, but that's sort of different-

"Hey, I got it," Aiden said as he walked back into the room.

"Yyyayaay godd, thank you so much," I squealed, and he smiled again. It was sort of nice, he didn't usually smile much,

"Here," he said, handing it to me.

"Thank you," I took it.

"Hey, what happened here?" He asked, looking at the cut on my finger, and I frowned.

"I..nothing," I said, pushing the ring back onto my finger.

He sighed, "okay, I'll come back in the evening?"

"We'll almost evening anyway, you can just stay," I smiled.

Ugh, tranquilizer me has no filter.