fifty one

"Is this it?" Levi asked, hugging his pillow as we all stood outside the van, staring at an old building, literally in the middle of nowhere.

We got a little delayed last our way here, and it was pretty dark now, only making this place look about a hundred times more shady.

"Hudson falls," Jacob said.

Why were we late you ask? Levi wanted ice cream, Scarlett needed to piss, I needed coffee, our van ran out of gas, Aiden left his toothbrush at home, Levi drove us into a ditch, and if that isn't already bad enough, Hudson falls is literally as desolate as it can possible be, which made it extremely hard to find it.

"Oh god," Scarlett sighed.

"Well, you wanted an adventure," Aiden said, placing his hands on my shoukdrs from behind me.

Things with Aiden and I were pretty much the same I guess. We talking things slow I guess. What we had wasn't labeled, but none of us were seeing other people.....I'm pretty sure he wasn't seeing anyone else..right? Yeah no, we weren't seeing other people.

We occasionally hung out, just the two of us, and sometimes made out, which was fun too.

"Let's just sleep in the van," Ryan said,

The front gate of the building slowly creaked open, and a man who looked about 50 stood there. He wore a beret and had dark sunglasses. His brown blazer matched the gloomy walls of the building, and he didn't seem to posses much emotion.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"We have a reservation....under the name Ryan Heartford?" He said hesitantly.

"Mmhhmm, come on in," he said.

We walked into the building, and I looked around. The lobby was pretty empty, and dully lit with sloppy yellow lights. The wall were a light shade of brownish yellow, which contrasted the dark blue couches, with a couple rips and stains on them.

We checked into our rooms. We took two rooms which had a joint door in-between. One of them was slightly bigger, so Scarlett and I shared the smaller room, and the guys took the bigger one.

"No way I'm staying here after tonight," Scarlett said as we walked into out our room.

She dropped her bags down, and tuned on the light.

"Ohhh," I cribbed unhappily.

The bathroom was significantly cleaner the room, but if I'm being completely honest, that's not saying much.

After showering, we all headed for dinner, which was salad and noodles. It didn't taste too bad, but thinking about how dirty the kitchen must have been was very concerning.

"I heard there's a treking route here, we should go tomorrow," Jacob said.

"Yes, yay!" I squealed.

"I'm not going," Scarlett sighed. "I am sleep deprived, have a head ache, and this place is only making it worse," she said.

"Me too, I need the extra sleep. I haven't gotten a full night since Wednesday," Ryan said.

"Hmmhhm," Levi hummed, glaring between Scarlett and Ryan playfully.

Ryan hit him on the head, and we all laughed as Levi dramatically rubbed his alleged injury.

I felt the owner of the hotel Glace over to our table a couple times, and it sort of made me a little uncomfortable. This whole place sort of spooked me out a little, but it was all probably just in my head, I thought.

On our way back to our room, I sort of confirmed that there was something wrong about the man who owned this place. He was being extremely creepy when Scarlett and I walked back to our room, and once we reached Scarlet told me that he was weird with her when she went to get herself some food.

I was clipping my toenails, when a loud knock on the door suddenly startled me, and I paused for a second.

Scarlett walked over to the front door, and I followed her as she hesitantly opened the door.

The owner of the hotel stood there, and didn't bother to say anything for longer longer expected.

"Can I get you girls anything for the night, some blankets, or perhaps some wine?" He asked, slowly, his deep husky voice slurred.

Oh wow.

"No thank you," Scarlett said, pushing the door, but he held his hand out.

"Are you sure, and is it just the two of you in here?" He asked, his voice low and sleepy. He was most definitely intoxicated, I thought, as he peered into out room looking around.

"Yeah but we're expecting company, thanks anyway," I said, and shut the door.

I rolled my eyes. "God!" Scarlett sighed.

"I'd rather sleep in the middle of the fucking forest," I said, and Scarlett scoffed.

We were walking back to the bed when I heard a knock on the door again.

"Mch," I walked to the door and pulled it open, "what?!" I said before seeing the person at the door was Aiden, who seemed to have gotten a little startled by my harsh tone.

"Sorry?" He laughed.

I smiled sheepishly. "I was going to go for a walk, see if there's a nice trail from tomorrow, you wanna come?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah sure," I smiled.

"Scarlett?" He asked.

"Hmm?" She hummed from behind, flipping through her magazine.

"You wanna come for a walk?" I asked.

"No, I think the less I move the better, I don't see how anything else can go wrong if I just lay here," she said.

"Alright," I chuckled. "What about the others?" I asked Aiden.

"They don't want to, I don't know," he said.

I hugged my jacket to me as we walked through the eerie hallway, and made out way out the building.

I saw a huge lizard climb one of the walls and scrunched up my nose. "Ugh god, who the fuck suggested this place," I said, swatting my hands around at the flies.

"I swear to god, there was a fucking bird in our room, we're getting out of here first thing tomorrow," Aiden said, and I scoffed.

We walked for a while, until the pavement slowly become just nothing more than tall grass and mud.

Aiden turned on his torch, brighting the way for is to continue walking.

"Are you looking forward to the wedding?" I asked,

"I mean I'm happy for my sister, I'm just not a huge fan of big events," he said.

"Yeah, should've guessed," I said, letting out a small laugh.

"Woah, fuck," I slipped on moss, and nearly fell, but before I did, Aiden placed one of his hands on the small of my back, and the other gripped my arm.

"Hayley," he said instinctively through gritted teeth.

"Thanks," I mumbled, straightening up. Well, at least I didn't crack my skull!

"Clumsy," he said.

"Am not," I argued.

"Are too,"

"I am not,"

"You are too," he chuckled.