01. then he ditched me

I WAS sprawled out on my bed with nothing to do. I could hear Chris in her room blasting Then He Kissed Me by The Crystals. I rolled my eyes at the sound and got off my bed to go get some snacks.

"Hey mom." I greeted my mother who was putting some dishes away.

"Oh, hey." she smiled. I grabbed some Oreo's from the cupboard and started eating them.

"Vic, stop eating all the food. How many times do I have to tell you?" she questioned with a pointed look.

"You don't even like Oreo's, what's the big deal?" I defended.

"It doesn't matter if I like them or not, but you know your sister does." she reasoned with a hand on her hip and the other on the counter.

"But she's not eating them." I shrugged.

"You're hopeless." she breathlessly chuckled.

"Thanks." I replied with an Oreo in my mouth. She shook her head disapprovingly as someone rang the doorbell.

"It's for me." Chris called out from on the stairs.

It was her boyfriend. Her oh-so-amazing boyfriend. Honestly, I don't know what she sees in him. My mom and I were totally not eavesdropping on their conversation. He was making up some bullshit excuse as to why he can't go on their date.

"When can I kick his ass?" I asked my mother.

"Victoria, language," she sighed.

"It was only ass! You should hear what everyone else says, they say stuff like fu-" I started but got rudely interrupted.

"Okay, okay, I get it." my mom cut me off.

"But seriously, why?" I inquired.

"Whoever Chris decides to date has nothing to do with us, she's old enough to make her own decisions." she elucidated.

"You're not going to intervene? What kind of mother are you?" I joked.

"Very funny, now go clean your room. I know for a fact it's not tidy." she ordered.

"Yes, sir." I saluted her and then grabbed the Oreo's to take them upstairs with me.

"You should drop kick him to Canada." I advised to a sulking Chris who was still by the front door even after what's his face left. She just shook her head in response. I got to my room and did what was asked, and it only took me five minutes. Those my friends are the wonders of drawers, cupboards and the space under the bed.

"CONTAGIOUS?" BRENDA questioned after Chris explained what had happened.

I had gone into Chris' room with my Oreo's when Brenda came over. Brenda was a good friend of hers and the only friend of hers I could stand. The rest were stuck up rich girls.

"Yeah, that's what he said." Chris nodded.

"He's lying." Brenda told her.

"Yeah, that's bullshit and you know it, Chris." I added.

"Guys!" Chris scolded.

"Oh god, I don't know why you're making such a big deal though." Brenda commented.

"Because he's the best thing that's ever happened to me." Chris admitted.

"Chris, he's the only thing that's ever happened to you." I pointed out and she scoffed.