03. way down below

WE DROVE down a dimly lit alleyway and stopped in front of a black garage door. We all looked at each other confusedly and the man took out a remote, pushing a button that opened the garage door. Smoke surrounded most of the inside as men worked on cars that were most likely stolen.

"Where are we going?" Chris shakily asked.

"To hell." Daryl answered. "Kind of exciting, don't you think?"

We slowly drove in and watched uneasily at what was happening inside the classified building. The car soon came to a halt in front of a large table with important looking men sitting around it. A man walked in front of the car and inspected it with his hands on his hips.

"Did you steal all of these cars?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah, it gets me some good money." the unnamed man replied.

"Isn't it kinda dangerous?" Brad inquired.

"Hey, I like danger, all right?" the man said.

"You should try babysitting." Chris told the man and he smirked. If I didn't know any better, I would say she was flirting with him. But what the hell do I know? The man was about to get out of the car until Chris stopped him. 

"Sir?" Chris called to him.

"Wait, wait, wait." the man cut her off. "My name is Joe Gipp, okay?"

"Uh, Mr. Gipp-" Chris began.

"No, just Joe. Just Joe, all right?" Joe laughed.

"We have to get our car to Dawson's garage, do you think you could-" Chris tried asking him.

"Relax, relax, everything's gonna be okay." Joe told her and then got out of the car, and we slowly followed and got out too.

"All right, it's quitting time at Tara." the man who was inspecting the car shouted out after a bell had rung. "Good job," he told Joe, "got any defects?"

"Yeah, a few." Joe nodded. Brad closed the car door and the entire building became silent. Everybody was staring at us.

"Hi." Brad nervously chuckled. "How you doing? I'm Brad Anderson." he carried on and started shaking everyone's hand. "Nice to meet you. This is my sister, Sara. Uh, this is Chris Parker and her sister Victoria, and that's my best friend, Daryl Coopersmith."

We all just ended up shaking everyone's hand as we walked by. For some reason though, Daryl had decided to grab my hand and drag me along with him. I'm not sure why.

"Great shirt." Brad complimented the guy who wouldn't shake his hand.

"What are you doing?" the man asked Joe.

"Hi!" Brad went over to him and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you. It's a nice place you got here, really. I love it."

"Thanks." the man snatched his hand away from Brad's.

"Yeah, um, it's great." Brad nodded as we all stood close together, Daryl still holding my hand. I was a little intimidated by all the men so I let it slide and held onto his hand tighter. "Look, um we sorta took a wrong turn somewhere, and if you don't mind we'd like to get out." Brad gave a big smile to the man. I couldn't help but snicker.

The man nodded slowly and punched Joe in the face. We gasped and jumped back. I was now full on holding onto Daryl's arm and he thought it was the perfect time to look at me and wiggle his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes but kept a hold on him, nevertheless.

"Damn." Joe mumbled. "Hey, don't hold it in, Graydon. Go ahead and get pissed man."

"You boosted a Caddie full of kids?" 'Graydon' angrily asked Joe, holding him by the collar of his jacket.