Bam, went his heart

Schlatt

(TW: self-hate, mentions of drinking problems and hallucinations, slight mentions of child harm)

My mind raced when I felt someone grab my wrist, fearing that my scars were showing before I heard Wilbur's voice call out my name. Something about it always made me feel calm, and somehow always safe. I liked it.

    I turned to face him, yanking my wrist from his grasp, scoffing and looking him up and down slightly. "Wilbur, you're brother has never lost to anyone before on anything. What makes you think he's gonna lose to me, the guy who's practically never won at anything before without having someone do it for him, win over Techno. So why doubt him now?" I asked with a slight shake of my head, making my eyes narrow into a glare. He just shrugged after thinking about what I'd said for a second and glanced down, rocking back and forth on his heels and toes. He placed his hands behind his back and almost looked and seemed to act like a small child waiting to ask their mother a question.

I looked down at the necklace hanging from his neck, noticing those were royal gems. I looked back to him and saw him give me a 'yeah I know I didn't want it' look as he rolled his eyes slightly. I forced myself to hold back a small laugh before he smiled, clearing his throat and acting like nothing was happening. Nothing happening being the fact that he almost made me laugh. "Can I...come up to your room with you? I just really don't wanna talk about...this," He pointed to the necklace. "I can bring up some food and wine." I looked at him, not used to anyone ever being this nice around me, specifically at me and specifically not Wilbur. We hated each other, why was he this nice to me now? "Sure, why not. Let's have some 'bonding' time, I guess. Also screw the wine and bring up something stronger instead. Don't wuss out on being drunk around me." I muttered, seeing him smile brightly and run back to the dining room. I stood there for a second, only now realizing how fast my heart was beating; fast enough for me to hear it in my ears and pound in my head.

    Why him...

I asked myself as I looked down, looking back up to see Wilbur with a covered tray in his hands that he had gotten from the kitchen. "Dinner, is served." He said in a dorky tone of voice. "Oh are you my servant now?" I asked jokingly as we walked upstairs together.

Hearing his laugh was like...the feeling of yourself drowning in flower petals and warmth. It sounded like it would taste sweet if laughter even had a taste.

    I bet his lips are soft...they could taste sweet if you asked. I bet he tastes sweeter than you can imagine.

    I bit my own lip slightly before knocking myself from my thoughts when I heard Wilbur talk again.

"If that's what you want me to be for the night, then sure. I'll be your servant or whatnot." He said with a small giggle, making my chest clench as my pulse almost painfully pinched inside of me while my heart beat sped up, hearing the pounding in my own thoughts again. I laughed a bit nervously as my tail fluffed out a bit from under my blazer coat. "Then why are we just standing around? Take me to my room, servant." I felt a small sense of power rush through me but instantly had it be flushed out by awkwardness and being nervous. Wilbur chuckled a bit in response and nodded, taking the lead up to my room as he jokingly placed a white cloth over his shoulders.

    The door to my room opened once Wilbur turned the handle. I walked in as he held it open for me, making me give him a small nod once he walked in behind me, quietly shutting the door behind himself as he turned to face me. "Take the mask off when you speak to me." Wilbur said randomly, making me freeze slightly and scoff. "What mask?"

    "The mask you use to hide who you really are. I want to know the real Jonathan Schlatt. I used to know him. At least...I thought I did. So take the mask off when you speak to me."