The Room and The Letter

Wilbur

'Wilbur! Hey, wake up! Come on! You can't leave me right now! I just got you back! Please, I'm begging you! Wilbur! Wil-

"-bur! Wake up, we've got company for dinner." Techno's voice cut through my mind like a bullet piercing it's way through my skull, making me have a pounding headache. I shot up with sweat dripping down my forehead as I pushed my hair back. I got lightheaded as I sat up and looked over at Techno who looked at me with slight worry but kept a mutual face on. "Take a shower and go ahead and get ready. We've got a dinner party to attend." He said to me before leaving the room.

I looked around at where I was, realizing I wasn't in the medical part of the castle anymore. I saw that I was in one of the castle's bedrooms that looked somewhat familiar from my childhood. I sat there on the bed for a second before something caught my attention from the corner of my eye. It looked like a letter of sorts but it was so far from the bed that I couldn't tell. The room was vastly stretched with little furniture and a pool in the middle of the room across from the bed.

I stood.

I stumbled.

I balanced.

I walked over to the bay window of my room and looked out, seeing four kids playing in the garden walk.

"If you wish to defeat me, train another one hundred years, Wilby!" Techno shouted to me as I chased him through the maze of bushes and roses. I just laughed and took a shortcut through one of the garden fences, popping out in front of him. "I have trained for one hundred years with you, twin! Hah!" I exclaimed as I knocked him over with my wooden play sword looking at him as I held the 'blade' against his throat, chuckling and panting from how long we'd been play fighting. "Surrender yet, brother?" I asked, stepping on his wrist which held his sword. He just scoffed and nodded slightly. "Yeah yeah...for now. Let's just take a break and go back inside." Techno answered as he forced my foot off of his wrist. I snickered a bit with a small stumble, resting my sword on my shoulders before feeling someone tackle me to the ground. "Yeah! Tommy you did it! You listened!" I heard Techno's voice say from above me. "No! That's not fair, asshole!" I complained as I squirmed under Tommy, rolling over and kicking my legs in the air as he choked me slightly with his wooden sword, one of his hands grabbing the grip part and the other at the blade part of the sword. I whined slightly and gave up squirming and more focused on my breathing. "Language, feisty one." I heard a deeper, raspier tone of voice say above all three of us. "Tommy, let go of your older brother. Techno,"

The second to oldest brunette tensed once his name was said. He gripped his sword and looked up at his father only to see him smiling down at him. "Good job son, I'm proud of you." I squirmed away from Tommy and kicked his shin once I stood up. I looked over at Techno after Philza had said those words. He looked almost, shocked. The only person dad's ever said that to is me and it's on rare occasion when he actually does say it. "P-proud...?" Techno repeated aloud. Phil nodded and patted his messy yet well kept dark caramel brown hair, making it stand up a bit. "Yes, Techno. I'm proud of you. I'm proud of all of you. You've all learned, trained, and adapted so well together. I couldn't be more thankful for the three of you." Phil said as he pulled all of us into a hug. Tommy squirmed and whined at the sudden touch of affection. I hit him on the top of his head with my sword hilt to make him stop bitching. He huffed at me and stopped squirming as our father hugged us. I closed my eyes for a second, taking in my fathers scent before opening them again and turning my head

slightly. I was hugging myself, on my knees in the middle of the room. I knelt there for a second, staring at the ground as I forced myself to stop being consumed by my thoughts like I was drowning in my own tears. I shook myself from it as I stood up, shaking a bit as I looked over at the bathroom. I heard distant childrens laughs coming from behind the closed door. I felt a small gush of wind run past my legs as it swept up my jacket tail a bit. I turned and looked down only to see Tommy running past me and towards the pool a few inches in front of me. His body was so small that if he fell in he wouldn't even make a sound. My instincts kicked in when I saw him trip and stumble on his own shoe laces. I dove for him and grabbed his arm, feeling like my body had started to move in slow motion as we made eye contact. I looked down at his arm to see my hand go through him. I looked back up at him, seeing that it wasn't him and that it was myself but a few years older than my twenty four year old self today.