Chapter 4

(Y/N)POV

(Y/N)POV

"There's a ford near Beruna, how do feel about swimming?" Trumpkin asks. "Rather that then walking." Susan answers. We all turn to follow the dwarf when I notice Lucy staring off into the distance. "Aslan!" she exclaims as she turns around. I stare off where she was looking and I see a shadow, or at least I thought it was a shadow might have been something else.

"Its Aslan! It's Aslan over there!" Lucy pointed to the other side. She turned to all of us and said, "Don't you see, he's right-, she turned back and sighed, -there." "Do you see him now?" Trumpkin asks. I turn around and glare at him. "I'm not crazy." Lucy says defending herself. "He was there, he wanted us to follow him." Lucy says as Peter walks up to her.

"I'm sure there are any number of lions in these woods, just like the bear. He says to her. "I think I know Aslan when I see him. She looks up and tells him. "Look I'm not about to go jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist." Trumpkin starts. "Last time I didn't believe Lucy, I ended up looking pretty stupid. Ed says.

"Why wouldn't I see him?" Peter asks the young girl next to him. "Maybe you weren't looking ." Lucy answers. "I'm sorry Lu." Peter apologizes and goes to start walking with Trumpkin and Susan. I give Lu an apologetic look and she gives me a little smile and turns back around to look back where she saw him. I turn to look at Edmund who sighs and and shrugs. Lucy turns back to look at us and Ed nods, quietly telling us to follow the rest. Ed grabs my hand as we start walking giving  me a small smile.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

When we arrived at what was supposed to be the River Beruna, it wasn't a calm river anymore instead around two-hundred men stood around building a bridge, cutting trees and moving catapults. We quickly moved behind a plie of timber. I looked around as did everyone else, when suddenly we heard footsteps and horses coming up on our left. Peter pulled me down as I quickly pulled Edmund down behind the pile of wood.

"Perhaps this wasn't the best way to come after all." I hear Susan whisper to Peter.  We then quickly made our way back into the forest. We finally made it back to the Ravine, "So where do you think you saw him?" Peter asked Lucy. "I wish you'd all stop trying to sound like grown-ups , I don't think I saw him, I did see him." Lucy answers. "I am grown-up." Trumpkin speaks up.

Lucy starts walking over to the edge, "He was right about-, but she was cut off by the cliff below her feet falling, "Lucy!" all of us shout and rush over to the edge. -here" Lu finishes her sentence smiling. 

We made our way down the narrow path that Lucy had fallen down to. We decided to stop and set up camp as the sun started setting. I laid down on my back next to Edmund looking up at the stars in the sky.  I turned towards him and he smiled before also turning towards me and whispering "Good night".

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I woke up the next morning feeling something locked around my waist. I looked down and saw a pair of arms around my waist. I realized that they were Edmunds since he was sleeping behind me. I blushed and smiled before Susan started shouting for us to wake up cause Peter was missing.

I felt Ed stir and he moved his arms from around my waist to stretch. I turned around and he blushed and helped me stand. 

We started walking in the forest trying to find Peter. When we finally found him he was fighting with someone. "Peter!" an angry Susan shouts at Peter who stopped and looked up at us. The person he was fighting looked at the sword in his hand and then Peter, "High King Peter?" he questioned. "I believe you called." Peter says. "Well...yes, but I thought you might be older." he awkwardly says.

"If you like we can come back in a few years." Peter says. "No, no... that's alright, you're just.... not what I expected. he says. I watch as his gaze goes to Susan and a small blush settles on both of their faces. "Neither are you." Edmund sasses from beside me.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." a badger speaks. "We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege." a mouse also steps forwards. "Our hearts and swords are at your service." he adds and bows in front of Peter. "Oh, my gosh, he's so cute." Lucy whispers to me. The mouse drew his sword, "Who said that." he asks loudly. "Sorry." Lucy says sheepishly.

"Oh...Uh...Your Majesty, with greatest respect, I do believe courageous, courteous or chivalrous might more benefit a Knight of Narnia." The Mouse spoke. "Of....course?" I say awkwardly to the Mouse. "So, what's your name?" I asked the mouse who replied back with "Reepicheep" and bowed towards me.

"Well at least we know some of you can handle a blade." Peter says and looks down at the mouse. "Yes indeed, and I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army sire." Reepicheep states. "Good. Because we're going to need every sword we can get. Peter says and turns to look at the Prince.

"Well then, you will probably be wanting yours back." the Prince says and hands Peter his sword back before walking back to the group of Narnians. We walked through the forest, until we came across a fortress that looked like it was abandoned. As we walked closer all the Centaurs held out their swords creating a 'roof'.

We walked in and were instantly greeted by more Narnians who were making Weapons. "It may not be what you are used to, but it's defensible." the Prince who told us his name was Caspian states. I walk over to the walls, seeing pictures of us, also telling stories of us as 'The Kings and Queens of old'." Peter, you may want to see this." I shout from across the room to Peter.

Peter walks over to me and looks around as well. Susan walks over as well and looks around. "It's us." she speaks out making Ed and Lucy join us. "What is this place?" I turn around and ask Caspian. "You don't know?" he asks.

We all look at him, confusion covering our faces. Caspian grabs a torch and before taking lead with Peter joining beside him. Ed grabbed a torch as well before following everyone else with me beside him. Caspian walked to the left and dipped his torch in something, making the room instantly light up. The fire began to spread around the room showing carvings of Narnians on the walls and in the middle of it all was a carving of Aslan.

In front of his carving sat the stone table, the one that Susan, me and Lucy watched him die and get resurrected on. "He must know what he's doing." Lu speaks. "I think it's up to us now." Peter says.

🖤🖤🖤🖤

-R