Chapter 7

(Y/N)POV

(Y/N)POV

"Cakes and kettledrums. That's your big plan?" Trumpkin asked "Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone?!"

"It's our only chance." Peter replied 

"And she won't be alone." Susan informed.

"Have- Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin approached them.

"Nikabrik was my friend as well, too. But he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I." Trufflehunter spoke. 

I was leaning against one of the Pillars, arms crossed.

"For Aslan." Reepicheep spoke, drawing his sword as he spoke.

"For Aslan." a big brown bear spoke as well.

"Then I'm going with you." Trumpkin told Lucy

"No. We need you here." She said and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"We have to hold them off until Susan and Lucy get back." Peter announced.

"If I may?" Caspian started. I turned to him, along with everybody else. He was siting on a couple steps. He stood walking forwards and continuing.

"Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer, but as King, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people.

"There is one in particular that may buy us some time. He spoke.

"What's the tradition?" Peter asked.

The leader from each opposing side meet together to duel. He started

"One on One, no backups. They fight to the death." 

"Whomever dies, his army surrenders, as it is the tradition." Cas finished 

"How do we start?" Peter asked 

------

I was now on my way to Miraz's camp with Ed.

 We walked into a tent and were met with Miraz and a few of his Men.

I crossed my arms as Ed sighed, stepped forward and started reading the scroll.

"I, Peter, by the gift of Aslan, by election and by conquest, High King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Parval and Emperor of the Lone Islands, in order to prevent abominable effusion of blood, do hereby challenge the usuper, Miraz, to single combat upon the Battle Field. The fight shall be to death. The reward shall be total surrender." He finished, rolling the scroll up, he took a step back next to me.

"Tell me, Prince Edmund- Miraz started only to be cut off by Ed. -"King." he says.

"Pardon me?"

"King Edmund actually, Peter is the high King. I know its confusing." He shrugged 

I bit my lip to hold back a laugh.