Trying My Best

A/N:

I recommend playing the song when Harry goes into Sydney's house.

This chapter will be a very serious chapter and will talk about Sydney's past, if you are uncomfortable by any of these topics, PLEASE SKIP THIS CHAPTER!!!

Warning: This chapter contains topics of sexual assault, self-harm, drug abuse, alcohol addiction, suicidal thoughts, and eating disorder. If any of these topics make you uncomfortable, please skip this chapter. <3

My DM's are always open if you need some to talk too, rant too, anything. Or if you just want a friend, I'm always here. I know sometimes it's easier to rant or talk to someone you don't personally know so I'm always here just incase you need it.

❖❖❖❖❖❖

SYDNEY'S POV:

I lean forward and kiss him. Normally when I wanted to kiss someone, I typically didn't act upon it. I don't know if it was him helping me through my panic attack or just being so close to him that made me want to kiss him, but one thing was for sure that I had never felt more peace then I did at this moment.

The sudden coldness of his lip surprised me, but the instantly warmed up with my own against his. I could tell that he was surprised that I kissed him because he immediately tensed up.

Great Sydney, you're going to scare him off and he's never going to want to talk to you again. Fucking idiot.

A couple seconds had passed with my lips still on his when I felt my cheeks go red, in realization that he hasn't kissed me back. Not feeling the same way.

I pull back and quickly stand up and walk out of the bathroom. I could hear Harry call out my name from behind, but I was too embarrassed to talk to him. I make my way through the crowd of people in search for Allison, to tell her I'm going home.

"Allison!" I call out looking for her. I searched all on the first floor and couldn't find her. I decided to go upstairs to see if she was in one of the rooms. I check in the first few rooms, but they were either empty or locked.

I get to the last one and see it's open, I turn the handle and look inside to see Allison on top of another girl.

"Sydney what the fuck?" Allison screams out.

"I'm going home, see you in the morning." I say not looking at the two girls in front of me.

"Syd you ok?" She asks.

I let out a sigh and respond, "I'll tell you in the morning when you get back, have fun."

I close the door and hear a lock come from the other side. I make my way back downstairs and pull out my phone to order an Uber to take me back home. As I get out to the front lawn, which was scattered with intoxicated people, I see a guy from my class come up to me.

"Hey Sydney!" He says.

"Hey Carter." I murmur looking back at him.

"I'm about to head out, you want a ride? I didn't drink anything." Carter says while walking in a straight line, touching his nose proving him being sober.

"Sure saves me money." I chuckle.

We make our way towards Carter's car and I get into the front passenger seat. Carter gets into the driver's seat, turning the ignition of the car on.