Someone New

A/N: Hello! I know I said I would be writing a couple chapters and then posting them, but I finished this chapter pretty quickly and just decided to publish it. 

So here is the update!

❖❖❖❖❖❖

Sydney's POV

2 Weeks Later

The past two weeks have been pretty calm for once in my life. There hasn't been any drama, I have felt pretty good, I've been spending time with Allison more than usual and I've gotten pretty far on my project for Mrs. Carver's class. The only downside to the past two weeks is that I haven't talked to Harry much. I have said hi to him in the halls at school and when him and Niall hung out at the house. I really haven't gotten to know him, I mean I got to know him the night of the party, but we haven't had a real conversation that didn't revolve around my traumas or sex. So I look forward to that.

I've also spent the past two weeks in the library a lot more, which I really like. The library is my safe space, I can relax and not have any worries in there. There was that one occasion where this couple that were both seniors, came in here and went to the last row and started making out. I was lucky enough that I didn't have to witness that because apparently, the guy had his pants around his ankles and the girl had her shirt off. I love this school so much, said no one ever.

Anyways, that brings us to today. I came to the library a little during our free period so I could quietly get some work done.

"My past is what defines me, it's what makes me, me." I whisper under my breath while typing it onto my computer. "I've tried pushing away my past mul-, no that's not good. Let's try, I tried cutting all ties with my past life years ago but that took me further into a state of disliking what I had."

I continue typing away on my computer, changing sentences in my project that I didn't like and adding ones that made my project better. I spend the rest of my free period in there until I realize that it's time to go. Luckily, my free period was the last period before school ended so I knew I didn't have to rush to leave. I pack up my computer and put all of my books back into my bag and start to make my way out of the library.

"Have a good day!" I say to the librarian.

"You too!" She replies back from her seat behind the desk.

I push open the doors of the library and immediately hear the noise of all the students leaving for the day. I make my way to the front of the school where I see Allison and the guys waiting there for me.

"Hey sorry I'm late." I say to the group as I walk up to them.

"No problem Ace." I hear Zayn say.

"We were going to go to Dante's to grab something to eat." Allison says to me.

"Okay." I reply back to them. Dante's was the small diner that was just down the road from our school. Kids from our school typically go there after school to get something to eat. Our group however doesn't go that often, I assume we are going because Harry has never gone.

We exit the school and make our way through the school yard towards the street. It's only about a ten-minute walk, so we usually opt to walk and not drive our cars and since it's a nice day out, I don't mind walking.

"So how are you?" I hear Harry ask from his spot next to me.

"I'm doing okay." I begin to say, "A little stressed from doing the work for Mrs. Carver's class but other than that pretty good." I finish out.