"It's time." Erwin said. Everyone, including the new cadets, had gotten up on their horses and started heading towards the gate. As we waited at the gate one of our comrades started yelling that it's time. The gate started to open, Erwin yelled out "Advance!" "We will now begin the 57th expedition beyond the walls!"

As everyone began riding out I looked in front of me at Hange, I hope more than anything that they'll stay safe, I won't let anything happen to them.

The support team fought titans that came our way, by the looks on the new recruits faces you could tell they were scared and nervous, but anyone would be.

Everyone started getting into formation, we were pretty spread out. A red flare fired already, I fired my red flare as well to notify Commander Erwin. Erwin then fired a green smoke signal to show which direction we should go in to avoid the titan or titans. Yet another smoke signal was fired, this time it was black, meaning someone saw an aberrant titan. A few minutes later another black signal was fired, now I was starting to worry, about Hange, about everyone.

From where I was, I could just barley see the titan, I can tell it's really fast. I speed up so I can try and attack so no one else would have to deal with it but as I get closer I see one of my comrades get thrown down after attempting to attack. Since I'm closer I notice the titans build is really unusual, it has a feminine body, unlike other titans, I've never seen a titan like this before.

The titan stops a kneels down for a second, I can see someone being whipped off their horse, it looks like one of the knew recruits. Once it gets up and continues running I go up to the recruit, another recruit riding up too. "Are you okay?" I say, he hops onto another horse that the other recruit gave him, "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm Armin and this is Reiner, you are?" "Y/n L/n." As we ride, we talk about the situation, Armin says it must be an actual person like Eren, he seems smart so I believe him.

Another recruit shoots a smoke signal and rides up towards us, Reiner called him Jean so I'm assuming that's his name. Jean informed us that the right flank had gotten wiped out by a whole bunch of titans, Armin added how the female titan must've led them with it. As we kept riding Armin mentioned he feels like it could be looking for someone, specifically Eren, when the titan whipped him off his horse it removed his hood and looked at him. Now that he mentioned it, everyone started talking about where Eren was but strangely everyone thought differently, which means he was most likely in the middle, since no one thought he was there and it's the safest spot in Erwins formation.

Everyone figured we needed to buy time, Jean and I go in but don't do any damage, it's too dangerous. Armin went in too but got whipped down quickly. Reiner goes in after Armin but gets crush by its hand, everyone stares in shock but he cuts it's fingers, freeing himself from it's grasp and picking up Armin as he swings back around to the ground, we start running. It seems we bought enough time but the titan starts running towards the center of the formation, where we suspect Eren is.

As we run my mind wanders to Hange again, I can't stop thinking about them. I should be focused but it's hard not knowing anything, anything could happen to them and I won't be there to help.

As we run into a forest, Reiner starts calling and whistling for his horse, Jean does the same but only Reiners comes back. We might have to leave some people, it could work out if it's two people but that's highly unlikely.

Jean fires an emergency signal and a recruit comes with two horses not long after, sure someone would have to double with someone else but it's better than nothing. One of the horses the recruit brought was Jeans, so he rode on his own. I decided to ride with Armin, he's injured so it might be for the better if I take control of the horse and he rest as he rides along. We start to retreat but not long after Erwin signals a green flare, just changing the direction.

As we make it to the forest Erwin had led everyone to, one of our comrades stops us. He ordered the cadets to stay in the trees and keep titans out of the forest, then he looked at me, "Ride your horse forward through the forest and meet with Levi and his group." I complied and began riding forward as soon as Armin got off the horse.

After a matter of minutes I found Levi's squad and got into formation with them, Armin was right, Eren was in the middle. Another black smoke signal was fired shortly later, it was from directly behind us. "Draw your blades." Levi ordered. Everyone did, another one of our comrades got ready to fight the titan but it whipped him down right away and started chasing after us.

————————————————

A/N- sorry this chapter doesn't really have a lot of Hange and reader interaction, I'm trying to keep it as close to the show as possible so it might be a little til there's any romancey stuff ig- but I promise it'll definitely happen