𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

disclaimer ♪ i have underlined [start of flashback] because i was afraid that you guys would miss it it. it will not be underlined in the future unless i say so. thank you and happy reading!

 thank you and happy reading!

mi-rae p.o.v.

[start of flashback]

it hurts...

i felt wet.

i felt cold.

i felt numb.

i felt hurt.

i felt my heartache.

my eyes stretched open. the inside of my head throbbed uncontrollably and two blobs blurred my vision before the two white blobs disappeared and my eyesight became clear again. an unfamiliar bed. i lifted my head. an unfamiliar room.

the large room was decorated in a very minimalistic manner. the modern and clean-cut style protruding each and every corner of the room adding to the spaciousness. the bed i sat on was messy, with the blankets crumpled and the pillow on the ground.

i looked down to see myself wearing a large white t-shirt and over it a large unzipped black hoodie. my legs looked bare, but i could feel a pair of shorts underneath the oversized flanks of the top. my eyes flickered back up toward the foreign-looking room.

this isn't my room...

the foreign setting caused me to unconsciously touch myself.

what is this? 

my cheeks were wet.

was i crying?

i tried to think back to what happened before opening my eyes, but i couldn't seem to remember. my mind was blank. i tried again, using all my strength to recall why i was in this room or the events before, but i couldn't seem to fathom the situation. 

ahhh...mother died.

an unnatural memory out of nowhere seized my attention. just a moment ago, i couldn't think of anything, so why now? 

unnatural emotions then start to swirl inside of me and i felt tears materialize in my orbs. the emotions almost seemed to be out of my control until suddenly i felt my body relax. it was almost like i had possessed.

i must be going crazy...

mother had died a month ago. 

didn't i tell myself to be stronger?

although you would expect a child to grieve for years, her last words to me made me move on. she was a very warm person and always wished the best for me. her last wishes were for me to be happy. 

'i love you and be happy.' was what she wrote in the letter addressed to me. the simple motif of happiness became what got me through every day. through these words, i used each second and minute of my life to live life to the fullest. the rules of life i was to abide by were those words in her letter. my head suddenly started to ache when i tried to recall the rest of the contents within the letter. the sudden pain made me wonder why my memory was failing me, but i quickly ignored the thoughts about my health and started to eye the alien room.