𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

♪ mi-rae p

mi-rae p.o.v.

"did you see a black suitcase on the beach?" i asked, as we exited the hospital.

clusters of people moved past us in the busy hospital setting. to avoid being recognized, he had put on a large bucket hat and a facemask leaving his eyes the only thing visible.

ki-ha pulled down his face mask to answer and thought for a second, "i don't think so..."

i bit my lip, the air inside my chest seemed to compress together.

"is it really important? mother wants us at the main house by three. we can go and get it if you want," he suggested.

he sounded a little flustered. turning towards him, i gave him a reassuring smile. 

he really looks like a puppy...

"...it's alright." i twirled around and started to walk towards the parking lot. ki-ha followed closely behind me.

a gust of cold wind numbed my face, strands of hair blew onto my face, but my hands were still disregarding the discomfort that came from my flowing locks. i ignored the tightness in my chest.

"the suitcase...it isn't...that...important."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

ji-ho p.o.v.

"that will be all for today."

father's final statements closed the meeting. 

finally...

i stood with the other employees to greet my father as he made his way to the door. standing side by with side with the other employees, i closed my eyes listening to each step my father took. 

one step

two steps

three steps

four steps

five ste-

"father?"

he motioned me to stop bowing. i carried my upper body into extension until our similar dark eyes met.

"we'll be having dinner with the ahn's tonight. go home and dress nicely, it's a formal event." his tone was solemn and rich, even talking to his son about family matters he wouldn't show a single ray of unprofessionalism. 

i slowly nodded.

the ahn family...

"i understand, father." 

our eyes met again and his eyes blinked in approval before being directed at the path he was headed to. i bowed once more as father walked away. father's footsteps faded and i was about to sigh when another pair of shoes stood before me. i lifted my head up and was greeted with a smiling ju-in.