𝓸𝓷𝓮

italics  ♪ thoughts

italics ♪ thoughts

♪ lowercase intended

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

♪ chunyoung p.o.v.

a single text illuminated the screen of my phone. my eyes widened and i could feel my heartbeat accelerate in speed.

"she's back..." i murmured, the words flowing out of my mouth unconsciously. i was at eunhyung's house the day before our graduation trip, i had been playing games like always, until i received the news that i was least expecting. she was back.

"who?"

a confused eunhyung peaked through the doorway. he stared at me with a confused expression. i hold up my phone causing his eyes to widen.

"didn't she leave for the states to study?"

"yeah...she did, but now she's back."

eunhyung looked up and down trying to think of what to say. he ended up walking to me and ruffled my hair before suddenly saying,

"let's have fun tomorrow, ok?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

♪ dan-i p.o.v.

"dan-i...dan-i!!!"

a voice made me exit the state of recalling the last three years of middle school. i had been recalling the memories of our friend group and how i adjusted to this world when the voice of yeoryeong made me exit my train of thoughts. my reality was met with the same familiar, yet so unfamiliar world that felt like a dream.

"what were you thinking so deeply about?" yeoryeong asked, she smiled as she turned towards my direction. "the ocean looks so pretty ~"

"ahh..."

i let a flabbergasted 'ah' out of my mouth as i scowled at the gray water and sky.

why does the ocean look like a monster could pop out of it at any time?

a guest of wind serenaded the air around us. it was chilly but somehow nice...just like how this world felt so real, but somehow not real.

currently, three years had passed...with no major incidents occurring within my life in this world. but, i had formed an unbreakable bond between yeoryeong and the four heavenly kings.

isn't this time skip too extreme?

my thoughts had again been interrupted by the sound of yeoryeong's sweet voice.

"dan-i, looking at the ocean together is fun isn't it?"

my eyes scanned her beautiful and excited expression.

"...yeah."

i flashed a smile upon starting to enjoy the time we were having together by the sea. i was about to say something else, when another deeper voice interrupted.