35. Keeping To The Code And Feeling Guilty

We all continued to run as fast as our legs could carry us, swerving around corners to try and get out of this monstrous place. All of us kept looking behind, to make sure we weren't being chased, suddenly we came to a dead end with no way out. "Crumbs! What shall we do now?". Elizabeth cried out. Will was fanatically looking around to see if he could find a way out for us all, the cries and shouts of Barbossa's men got louder and closer. We all gave into defeat, as we huddled together like penguins in the cold artic, trying to escape the bitter cold. Our eyes were darting all over the place, trying to see if we could spot the crew before they spotted us.

Thomas clung to me like a venomous snake latches onto it's pray, with its vicious fangs, his nails digging into my arm, as he looked frantically around the caves, breathing heavily. Elizabeth buried her face into Will's shoulder, whimpering as though she was slightly scared, incase we got caught. I was staring into the dark abyss, my eyes not blinking for even a second, just waiting to spot the enemy ahead of us. Now and then I could see the glistening light of one of the torches, that the crew carried with them, going past upon the walls, up ahead of us from where we had ran from. Luckily none came down our direction.

It was all silent for a while, the only thing that could be heard between us all, was our heavy panting and Elizabeth's whimpers, as she was silently sobbing with fear. In the distance we heard Barbossa's crew cry out. "The oars are gone! Where are the oars?". "The oars have gone missing! Find them!". Bolson cried out quite loudly, as it echoed throughout the caves on top of the rest of the crews cries of disappointment.

Suddenly the chattering and shouting of the crew came to a sudden stop. This made myself, Elizabeth, Will and Thomas look at each other with horror painted on our faces. Have we been spotted and they have blown out their torches and sneaking up on us?. I thought to myself. We all stayed silent, all of us had our eyes latched onto the dark unknown in front of us. Will drew his sword just incase of a quick ambush. "You're supposed to be dead!". The short fat one of Barbossa's crew cried out. We all looked at each other once more, shocked and confused at the sudden outburst, as to whom he must have been speaking too.

"Whom do you suppose he is talking to?". Elizabeth asked, there was a short silence between us, Will and Thomas shook their heads, until suddenly it hit me, that Will had knocked Jack unconscious and he had no notion as to where we had got too, so it must be him. I gasped suddenly, in shock at my own realisation. "Jack!". I cried out in a whisper, whilst turning to look at the others. "Crap, I forgot about him". Will replied. "Shhh! Listen!". Thomas ordered. We remained silent, for the rest of the conversation that was being had between Jack and Barbossa's crew.

"Am I not?". Jack replied. It stayed silent for a moment after that, the only sound that could be heard was the sound of pistols being cocked and the clinging metal of swords. "Pearlie, Per-lay-lee-loo-loo, Par-lay-lee, Parsnip, Parsley, Par, Partner, Pardoner". Jack continued to talk in some gibberish tongue. "What on earth is he trying to say?". Thomas asked. "I haven't the foggiest of ideas". I told him. "I think he is trying to say...". Elizabeth was suddenly cut off by Jack, shouting from the top of his voice. "That's the one Parley!, Parley!". He shouted. "That". Elizabeth stated, as though she was concluding as to what she was just about to say.

Myself and Elizabeth began chuckling, "Shhh! Come on". Will said, retracting his sword back into his belt, as he started to make his way back in the direction of where we came from. "Will?". Elizabeth questioned. "We can't stay here, they are bound to find us eventually and even if they didn't, I do by no means want to stay to find out if they do and as for Jack I'm sure he will be fine, he's a pirate whom has the knowledge to free him from danger". Myself, Elizabeth and Thomas just looked at each other. "I suppose your right Will". I sighed. "Very well we shall follow you, so please after you". I told him. I grabbed a hold of Elizabeth and pushed her infront of me, so that her and Will could hold hands, as I knew he would want to protect her.