50. Warm Milk And Telling The Truth.

I finally got out of the bath, that was well and truly needed and enjoyed. I gladly endulged myself under the water, letting the hot water cover the whole of my body, from head to toe like a blanket. Although I did cry out in pain slightly and I made Helen burst into the room a few times, as the hot water really did bite at my wounds and it stung like hell, I had to tell her that I was fine, even though I knew it really hurt. I must say, I really did enjoy it and I never wanted to leave, even though that I knew if I was to stay in it any longer, I would indeed end up with a cold. I called in Helen to help wash my hair, as she could see where exactly my wounds were. Through gritted teeth I sat through the pain, as she gently ran her fingers through my hair, as I had to cover myself from becoming exposed to her. When she had finally finished, I sighed massively with relief, as from when she started I prayed that she would just hurry up and finish.

It was getting dark when I finally emerged from the bathroom, Helen had given me my robe and nightgown to put on to keep me warm, which I happily did. Once, I was decent the doctor came in just like Helen had promised, to check me over. He told me, that the doctor aboard the Dauntless had patched me up nicely and that I shouldn't need to worry about any more infections and the wounds should heal up fully within a few more weeks or so. I thanked him kindly and waited for him to leave the room, before I myself wished to do the same thing, as that hot bath, well and truly did make me feel tired and I was indeed ready for a good night's sleep.

I slowly stepped out of the room, trying my very best to keep quiet, as I knew some of the kitchen staff and maids would probably be asleep by now, maybe even father and Elizabeth too. As I walked along the landing, holding back a yawn with the back of my hand. I noticed Helen was sitting in the chair, outside of my bedroom door, she had one arm resting on the arm of the chair and she had her face resting upon it, as she was drifting off to sleep. I gently shook her awake and I dismissed her of her duties, as she walked away stifling a yawn herself. I just reached my hand onto the door handle, when Helen sharply turned around gasping slightly and making me jump. "Oh Miss before I forget, your father insists that you and your sister are to be awake by dawn, as you are to attened the execution of a Mr Jack Sparrow and you both shall accompany him and Commodore Norrington". She whispered to me. My heart fell to my feet, how could James do such a cruel act, if it wasn't for Jack, he probably would have sailed by us, when we were on that island, yes I know Elizabeth set the signal, but twas Jack who approached them and told them we were with him.

I was brought out of my thoughts, when Helen began to speak again. "Oh Miss, one more thing, your father has asked if you would see him in the parlour before you depart for bed". She smiled at me. "Just me?". I asked her whilst pointing towards myself. Helen nodded her head, "Yes Miss, just you". I nodded my head in agreement. "What about Elizabeth, does he not wish to see her too?". I asked her again. "He saw her whilst you were in the bath Miss". She replied. "Oh right very well, I shall see him right away". I said, as I began to make my way futher across the landing, towards the stairs, yawning as I went. "Goodnight Helen, I do hope you sleep well". I whispered to her over my shoulder. "Thank you Miss, I do hope that you do too and remember Anne, be up at dawn". She chuckled slightly, as I smiled back at her, before she made her way down the servants stairs. I waited till she was out of sight, before I began to walk to the top of the stairs and slowly and quietly make my way down them.

Somehow, I managed to stay quiet the whole way to the parlour doors, normally given how clumsy I am, I would have bumped into something by now and send it crashing to the floor, probably waking up the whole house, luckily for me this time I didn't. I knocked on the parlour doors as quietly as I good, so quiet I don't even think my father heard it, but thankfully he did. "Enter". He said softly on the otherside of the door. I opened the door slightly and peeped my head through, Father was sitting at his desk in front of the fire, his back to it, scribbling away on some paper, before he finally looked up and acknowledged me. "Ah Anne darling, do come in". He said with a huge smile on his face, as he placed his pen down on the desk. I made my way into the room, and slowly closed the door behind me, I watched as father rose up from his chair and walked around the edge of the desk. I walked over to him and stopped right in front of him, before he gave me a tight hug and I returned the favour. He unleashed his grip on me and placed a kiss upon my forehead, "Come sit sweetheart". He smiled at me, whilst gesturing towards the sette that was in front of the fire.