Were back bitches! Chapter.1

Listen- we've all been there, we've all heard it before. The whole 'didn't want to be a halfblood' is over done, and honestly old at this point.
No, I didn't want to be a halfblood, But it's not like I had a Choice- I had to adapt or die, because giving up was never an option for me... not when the world was at stake.
So yea, I went through two wars, and went to the depths of hades, I held up the sky, Helped in slaying a primordial, I ate blue food, denied godhood, been part of a bunch of Prophecies and I kissed Annabeth. Not in that order though.. damn ADHD-
Anyway, you know what else I did? I let innocents die. I let So many demigods die, and it's my fault- and it was bad in the first war, with Selina and beckendorf and luke, and all the others that died, but this war? The youngest to die was a six year old child of Demeter that just got to camp, and snuck into battle. She wanted to help her siblings because they were the first family she ever had. She had her head bashed in, and it was my fault. Everything is my fault.

So yea, I felt guilty. It's been two days since the end of the second giant war, two days since gaia rose (because of my DAMN nosebleed), and They keep calling me a hero but the thing is that I don't feel like I am. I would be dead without my friends, and I couldn't even protect them... I let- i let Leo die, and there's nothing I can do about it. I let SO Many demigods die,
And their deaths haunt me in my dreams, every time I close my eyes I'm back in the battle, or I'm back...there-
No No No No NOPE. NOT DOING THIS. I have to stay strong for everyone, because if I break, they'll drown, and as a child of Poseidon I can't let that happen.
So this is what I'm going to do right now:
I'm going to get out of bed.
I'm going to take a shower.
Im going to go home.
I already IMd my mom yesterday to tell her I'm coming back and that I'm ok, and she of course said she'll make me some blue cookies!
'I usually would be thrilled about cookies, but since... that place... I can't really bring my self to eat more that a little at a time, but it's the thought that counts. I really miss mom.'
So with renewed motivation, I got out of bed, took a shower, threw a camp shirt on and headed out to say goodbye to my Wise girl.

Passing through camp that is pretty destroyed I walk towards the Athena cabin. As I stand in front of the door, I take a deep breath, and put my 'Everythings OK' mask back on, and I knock.
One of Annie's siblings- Marnie, opens the door, eyes me and turns around silently, sitting back down at her desk doing who knows what, leaving the door open behind her.
I take that as an invitation to enter, and look around, heading towards Annie's bed.
Almost everyone was up doing something- reading, writing, sketching. It was a normal thing in the Athena cabin, but after the recent war they really threw themselves into work. I guess it was their way to cope with the loss.

Arriving at annabeth's bed, she was working on sketching ideas for Olympus. I looked at my girlfriend's beautiful face- her blond princess curls falling into her face as she sketched. She had dark circles under her eyes, and I assume she didn't sleep that night. Not that I blame her for it- the memories from Tartarus have a tendency to appear in our dreams. It's not pleasant.
I sit down next to her, but she doesn't budge.

"...Annie?" I ask softly. She doesn't seem to hear though, she just continues sketching furiously, and so- I made a dumb decision. I touched her shoulder.

Immediately she grabs me, and flips me onto the floor pinning me down with a dagger to my throat. (she keeps it under her pillow in case there's an attack. I think we all do at this point..) I could hear a couple of her siblings laugh, and one
"your making too much noise-", and a snort.

I stare at her from the floor, amusement clear on my face.

"Annie- it's me- it's Percy"

Her eyes refocus, and then widen. Getting off of me she sighs, and rubs her eyes and offers a hand to pull me up, which I gladly accept.