Lyrics

Yoongi and J-Hope enter their studio at BigHit Music late at night. The Live ended by 930, but the meeting lasted over an hour. He's very sleepy, but he's fueled with the idea of working on the track, and, of figuring out how to approach Moon the next morning about their comeback. He's been playing over scenarios in his mind for the last hour and hasn't settled on one he feels comfortable with yet. As he steps into the studio, he sees her jacket just where she left it the the other day. Hoseok sits down at the controller and Yoongi sits on the couch next to her jacket, eyeing it.

"Play me the track again?" he instructs as he reaches his hand over to touch the soft fabric. Hoseok cues up the song and Yoongi slides the jacket onto his leg, feeling the weight of one of the pockets. He eyes it curiously and reaches inside the pocket, pulling out a thick notebook, bound with a leather tie.

He looks up quickly at Hoseok's back, as he sits focused on the console in front of him. Yoongi looks down at the notebook, now in his hands. He runs his finger along the edge of the pages under the tie as Hoseok's track begins to play. He thinks for a moment about what this is in his hands, a book, like his own. A book that contains lyrics, melodies, song ideas, joy, frustration, schedules, lists, private thoughts... The temptation to open it, and look inside, to see what she has written, what she is planning or thinking; what she feels, is great, but he knows exactly how she would feel if he were to open it, because he knows how he would feel if she was holding his notebook in her hands, thinking all of the same thoughts.

"What is that?" Hoseok has turned around in the swivel chair and it startles Yoongi. He blushes a little.

"What? Oh, something Moon must have left behind," he offers casually, still clutching it. Hoseok shakes his head as his eyes narrow.

"You're not going to open it Hyung?" he asks but it's not a real question, it's more of a command. Yoongi looks up at him quickly shaking his head.

"No, I wouldn't. I just wondered if she needs it back."

"If she does, she will come get it, remember what I said earlier," he reminds him.

"Yeah, but that was before I kissed her, maybe she won't want to come back now." He lays the notebook, still tied shut, aside, next to him, trying to take his thoughts away from it. He stands up and takes the seat next to Hoseok at the console. "I've only got about an hour or two left in me before I need to get home to bed, it's been a long day," he explains. Hoseok nods and turns back to the mix board in front of them.

"Just listen to this part of the track and tell me what it needs," he instructs.  As the bit in question comes up Yoongi laughs to himself as a thought comes into his mind.

"It needs a female voice, under the rap." He can hardly believe he is saying this out loud to Hoseok but now he hears what Sena's voice did for his song, he realizes what it could do for Hoseok's song too. Not the same sound exactly, but something to bring more depth. Hoseok takes in the idea curiously, and nods.

"Maybe, we could try to lay off some of the samples I have here and see if any of them work with the track." He turns to the computer and begins searching the samples from his files of previously recorded sounds.

"If not, she should be in the building tomorrow, she's suppose to work with draGUN in the morning."

"I thought you were going to talk to her in the morning about working with us," Hoseok reminds him.

"I will, I just have to figure out how to do it." Hoseok finds the file he was looking for. "Let's work with this for now," he says bringing the files up on the monitor. Yoongi nods as he pushes himself up beside Hoseok, ready to get to work.

***

Yoongi sits in the back of a company car driving him home very late at night. He worked with Hoseok for another few hours on his track before he realized he was falling asleep at the console and he left him there to keep working alone. Before he left, he grabbed Sena's jacket, and her notebook, and they sit on his lap now in the back of the big SUV. He hopes Hoseok didn't notice that he took them. He isn't entirely sure why he took them, but he thinks it might be because she probably won't be back for them, at least, not when he's around. He frowns thinking about how much of his time these thoughts are consuming now. If he could just get her out of his system, find some way to make this right, really right, so they could start over, they could work together and that would be it.

He wrestles with the idea in his head that he's just craving some type of contact, and maybe he's displaced those feelings onto her. That isn't fair on her. She's just there to do her job. He doesn't want to be like Beomseok. His face grimaces as he even considers that he has anything in common with that asshole. He looks down at the notebook in his hands and wonders if there's a bunch of soppy lyrics written for him in there. How close were they really? She lived with him, maybe. It must have been pretty serious, at least in her mind. He's flooded with an idea.

"Excuse me, can I give you a different address?" he calls up to the driver who looks back in the rearview mirror at him. Yoongi struggles to get his phone out of his pocket, he checks the time, it's after 3am, he bites his lip as he considers and then, decides. "Here," he passes the phone up to the driver to look at the address he's pulled up from his text from Baekho. The driver looks at the phone and nods silently, passing it back.  The moment the car makes the turn toward the new destination Yoongi feels relief. He isn't sure what he's going to say exactly, but he's going to say it, and then it will have been said, and he can move on.