Chapter 11: Off To Camp

{This chapter takes place the day after the previous one, so no episodes have happened since then.

We do not own Danny Phantom or Percy Jackson, only this story and our original characters.}

      Danny got up before the sun rose, in part thanks to the Box Ghost, but also because of his nerves. After he had called Sam and Tucker and told them about his change of plans (they agreed to cover his ghostly duties for the week), and then been attacked by Vlad, his anxiety about the coming week had kept him up the rest of the night. Thanatos hadn't mentioned anything about Danny attending Camp Half-Blood during their training sessions. Unless he did and I just wasn't paying attention. Danny thought as he ruffled his hair in frustration.

      Danny packed a duffel bag with clothes and basic necessities for a week. He wasn't sure what to expect at the camp, so he packed light; some clothes, toiletries, and his Ancient Greek textbook that Sam had given him. He also packed a Fenton Thermos; after all, you never know when you might run into a ghost causing trouble. Danny considered going for a quick flight to calm his nerves, but decided against it. He needed to be at home and ready to go in case Thanatos showed up early. After pulling on a hoodie, Danny shouldered his bag and walked out of his room, running into Jazz as he entered the hallway.

      "Will you be okay watching the town while I'm gone?" Danny was worried that his friends and sister would not be able to get along while he was away.

      "Don't worry, Danny. We'll be fine." Jazz beamed. "Besides, this will give me time to work on my witty quips."

      Danny rolled his eyes. "Or your aim."

      "Hey, I'm not that bad of a shot!" Jazz defended, folding her arms.

      Danny remembered the first time Jazz 'helped' him and his friends; he had ended up in the thermos three different times in the same night. Danny sighed. "Just let Sam or Tucker use the thermos, please?"

      Jazz rolled her eyes. "Alright, Danny." Then she smiled and gave him a hug. "Be safe, okay, little brother?"

      "Yeah, okay." Danny hugged her back. "Love ya, Jazz." He then headed downstairs.

      Danny set his duffel bag down next to the front door before going into the kitchen. He should probably eat some breakfast, but he didn't think he could keep anything down; his stomach was in knots. Danny didn't know, like, anything about Camp Half-Blood or demigods or anything like that. He just knew that it would be a whole lot more people that he would have to hide his secret from, who would probably think he was a freak and wouldn't accept him, and would attack him the first chance they got.

      Danny sat down at the table and thumped his head against its surface.

      Maddie came into the kitchen, still dressed in her pajamas. "Are you nervous about going to camp, honey?" She placed a hand on his back.

      "What gave you that idea?" Danny mumbled into the table.

      Maddie rubbed in a small circle on Danny's back, comforting him like she did when he was younger. "Well, you're sitting in the kitchen with your head on the table and no food, your bag is by the front door, and it's almost six. Also, I'm your mother. I know when you're nervous about something."

      "Wait, it's almost six?!" Danny sprang up from his seat at the table. "I've gotta go!"

      He moved to leave the kitchen, but was stopped by his mother's hand resting gently on his shoulder.

      "Sweetie, are you okay?" She asked, eyes filled with motherly worry. "You don't have to go to this camp if you don't want to. We could work something out with a tutor, or..."