six

During the first day back to school, all everyone was talking about was how Nate flipped out on the new girl. Olivia didn't really give a fuck, but she heard a few different versions about what happened.

"She literally tried to kill herself. She's a psycho if you ask me."

"I heard she bit him."

"Oh, you should have seen it. Nate was all up on her and she came at him out of nowhere with a knife and shit. Fucking insane."

"I heard she said something about Maddy and Nate flipped out and tried to strangle her, but I'm not sure how true that is."

Out of everything she heard, Olivia didn't believe any of it, nor did she care. It wasn't any of her business. Plus when it came to Nate, she lost interest.

Whatever happened, though, she liked the new girl.

From everything she heard, true or not, it seemed like she stuck up for herself against whatever Nate said or did. They needed more people like that at East Highland. More people
like Olivia and Jules who wasn't scared of Nate and who didn't care what he did or said.

I knew Jules had gotten Olivia's attention when she saw us walking into class together. She didn't pay a lot of attention to it, though. She had more important shit to worry about. Shit like her and Jayson's relationship being on the line.

Fezco told Liv that Jayson told her to find her own ride home, so Liv came to Fez for help. She didn't remember anything since she was practically in the same mindset she would've been if she was on fucking mars, but she trusted Fezco to tell her the truth of what really happened.

When Liv found out Jayson said that, she got pissed. Jayson had left her message after message, but she didn't answer any of them. She was afraid that if she did, they would get into an argument that caused them to breakup. Not that that was something Liv minded, but she knew her parents would be disappointed and say she was "making a mistake". Whatever that fucking means.

Jayson found her in the gym that day during lunch while she was working on the cheer routine by herself. Whenever she was mad or frustrated, she would cheer or workout. It helped her blowoff steam.

In hindsight, Jayson probably should have stayed away from her for a few more hours and let her approach him. The conversation they had in the gym caused her opinion on their relationship to change.

"Yo." Jayson said, walking into the gym. Olivia was mid flip and landed on her feet, staring at him out of breath.

"Hey." She said, walking over to him. He let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck. She looked him up and down and could tell he was trying to act like he was nervous. She knew his tricks. He always acted like he cared more than he did.

"What's going on? You've been ignoring my texts, my calls. How'd you even get home from Mckay's?" He asked her.

"I got a ride home from a friend." She answered. She didn't want to tell him or anyone else it was Fezco.

"Which friend?" He asked. She rolled her eyes and dropped her hands from her hips.

"I don't have to tell you everything, Jayson." She said. Her voice sounded tired, and she was.

"Yeah, you do. I'm your fucking boyfriend." He told her. He was starting to get defensive, so Liv delivered the attitude right back.

"No, I don't. You're saying you're my boyfriend, but you never act like it." She said, crossing her arms. He raised his eyebrows.

"What?" He raised his voice.

"Jay, I can't keep doing this." Liv said.

She started to walk away from him, grabbing her water bottle out of her bag.

"Doing what, Liv? You're confusing me." He said, watching her take a drink. It turned him on.

That was one of the things she hated about him; the littlest things she did would make him horny. It just felt like he wanted to fuck her all
the time and nothing else.

"Just forget it." She muttered, throwing her bag over her shoulder and taking another sip of water. He shook his head and walked closer to her.

"Look, Olivia. Look." He said, trying to get her to look at him. He put his hands on her face, turning it towards him.

"I love you, okay? Let's not argue over something this stupid." He said. She took a second to think.

To Liv, it wasn't stupid. It just made her even more mad at him that he said it was.

"Okay." She said.

But she still kept her mouth shut.

He gave her a small smile before grabbing her face and kissing her. She didn't really kiss back, not that he noticed.

She watched Jayson leave the gym, rolling her eyes the second he left. He just made her hate him more and more, and she realized she didn't want to be with a person like him. No matter what her parents or the kids at East Highland thought, it wasn't healthy for her.

Just as she was about to leave the gym herself, Olivia got a text.

Fezco
Today 12:37 PM

you in class?

not yet i'm still in lunch for a few more minutes
why what's up

wanted to know if u could come over for dinner tonight. ashtray is making lasagna and wants to show it off

lol that's so cute
what time do u want me over

whenever

ok