twenty three

Olivia was always smart. She wasn't the smartest person in the school, don't get me wrong, but she was a close second. That was pretty much she only time she would ever come in second.

But, as she sat in her bathroom on her toilet holding that stupid little plastic stick while she waited for it to develop, she questioned how smart she was.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." Olivia repeated under her breath over and over again.

She brought both of her feet up to her chest, her small frame being able to fit on the toilet. The seat was closed, which made things easier. Every now and then she would glance over to see if anything was there, but would quickly look away and told herself she would wait the full ten minutes just to be sure.

She went from sitting on the toilet, to on the counter, to the floor, to leaning on her bathtub all the way to sitting in her bath in a matter of five minutes. She wasn't able to sit still.

Once Liv heard her phone timer go off, she pressed stop and got up quickly.

Olivia also wasn't super religious. She didn't pray or anything like that, but right now, she said a quick prayer to God before she touched that stick.

That stupid little plastic stick that could potentially change her life.

"Just look. Just look. It's not that big a deal, just look at it." She whispered to herself. She was touching it, but kept her eyes closed. After a minute or so, she finally built up enough courage to look down.

Olivia let out a breath as tears welt up in her eyes, staring down at the pregnancy test.

Negative.

Just to be sure, Liv drove to the CVS around the corner and bought the rest of the tests they had. It didn't matter if they were expensive or cheap, Olivia Jackson could not risk being fucking pregnant.

The checkout lady looked at her like she was crazy, but she didn't care. She only felt relieved when all of the tests said negative. Liv had come to the conclusion it was just a really late period.

Today
Fezco 7:53 PM

hey

what's up

can u come over

yea
everything good?

yea everything's fine

r u sure

yes

ok
park where security won't see? i'm assuming ur parents don't know

i'm sneaking u in
i can't go out anyway bc i'm "grounded"

uh oh someone's getting rebellious

fez

omw

Liv knew she probably shouldn't invite Fezco over with her parents home, but after the pregnancy scare, she felt like she needed to see him.

She wrapped up each of the pregnancy tests in toilet paper and carefully placed them in her trash so they wouldn't be noticeable. She wasn't super careful with it since she had her own bathroom and no one would see it, but she still wanted to be careful in case her mom came in. She still wasn't on speaking terms with her parents, so it wasn't likely.

When she heard the knocking at her window, Olivia knew Fez had showed up. She unlocked the window and slid it open, helping Fez climb inside.

"Hey." She said. She wrapped her arms up around his neck and kissed him, happy he was there.

He kissed her back, his hands finding her waist. They weren't making out, just exchanging a few small pecks to greet each other.

"Hey, you good?" Fezco asked her, grabbing her chin. He noticed she was avoiding eye contact, which wasn't normal.

"I am. I promise. Can we just lay down and watch a movie or something?" She asked.

After they layed down and watched two episodes of Shameless, Liv's favorite show, Fez got up and used the bathroom. When he came back, he was holding something in his hand.

"Fez?" She asked, sitting up in the bed.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked, staring down at the pregnancy test.

Olivia sat on the edge of the bed and closed her eyes, letting out a sigh. She wasn't expecting him to find one of the tests.

"How did you even get that?" She asked, getting up and grabbing it from him. He raised his eyebrows, putting his hands out. She could tell he was visibly upset, but she didn't understand why.

"So you are pregnant?" He pushed. She shook her head, not liking how he was jumping to conclusions.

"What? No." She said.

"So we're not having a kid?" He confirmed.

Olivia crossed her arms, not liking the way he said it. Even if she was pregnant, she didn't know if she would keep it or not. All she knew was she wasn't pregnant, so it didn't matter.

"Fezco, I am not pregnant." Liv informed. She talked slowly, wanting him to understand.

"And what if you were?" He asked.

"I'm not, so none of that matters." She shrugged. He scoffed, and she didn't know what his problem was.

"Why are you so upset? It's really not that big of a deal." She told him. Fez shook his head, not understanding how she could say that.

"Why wouldn't you call me the second you suspected something was up?" He wondered.

"Because it's my body. At the end of the day, if I was pregnant, it would be my decision what to do." She said. She was trying to remain calm, but he was making it really hard for her.

"No, I get that. One hundred percent. But you should've called me right away. I should've been waiting for those test results with you." Fezco said. She shook her head.

"I'm not gonna apologize for that." Liv said. She didn't really know what else to say, and a silence fell over them.

"Olivia! Is there someone up there with you?" Mr. Jackson yelled up.

"I should go." Fezco said. He was staring at her, but she didn't look at him. She just stared at the floor. Both of them were frustrated with the other.

"Yeah. I shouldn't have invited you over in the first place." She agreed, crossing her arms. He let out another scoff and walked to the window, Olivia opening her bedroom door and not helping him.

"No! I'll turn my tv down!" She yelled downstairs. She had an attitude in her voice, because she was frustrated with Fez and still didn't want to talk to her parents.