twenty eight

Liv stared at herself in the bathroom mirror for a second, nothing but a thick silence in the room. She looked away and pressed play to "Woman" by Kesha, the music now being the only thing you could hear.

After her weird dream last night ended in tragedy, she decided she wasn't going to lay around anymore and feel sorry for herself. She was going to get up and be the bad bitch she was.

Liv did the normal things teenage girls do when they go through a breakup or a mental breakdown. Which, in her case, Olivia was kind of going through both.

She died her hair from light brown to almost black. It wasn't a drastic change, but just enough for you to walk by and notice. She took off her light pink nail polish and painted them red. Instead of the light washed denim shorts and crop top Olivia had planned to wear today, she wore black denim shorts with a black bandeau top. Not super edgy to the point where she looked like an emo whore, but you got the point she was rebelling a little.

BB honked her car horn outside, and Olivia walked down the steps.

"Where are you going?" Mr. Johnson asked.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Mrs. Johnson questioned. Instead of answering, Liv just flipped them off and walked out the door and to the car.

The girls drove to BB's cousin's house. He was a tattoo artist, and they both wanted to get lip tattoos. Since it was by BB's cousin, it didn't really matter what age they were. Plus, there was a discount.

Then, the girls went shopping to get Liv a dress for the winter formal. She had already had a light pink one her mom helped her pick out, but she didn't like it anymore. So, when her and BB finally came up with a decision, they decided on a form fitting dark red dress with new heels to match.

BB wasn't going to the formal, which Olivia did not agree with. She even offered to buy her friend a dress, but dances just weren't BB's thing.

After she was dropped off back at her house, Liv started getting ready for the formal. When she went downstairs after her hair and makeup was done, her parents gave her confused looks. They decided it would've been best for everyone to not bring up her flipping them off earlier.

"What happened to your other dress, honey?" Mr. Johnson asked.

"I like this one better." Olivia said, looking down. Instead of arguing, surprisingly, they both just nodded.

"Are you going with a boy?" Her mom asked as they took pictures. Liv shook her head.

"I'm not. Do you guys have a problem with that?" Olivia asked them. Mr. and Mrs. Jackson exchanged eye contact before shaking their head. Olivia contently smiled. Her parents were kind of scared to argue with her, and Liv was fine with that.

"See ya." She said as she left the house, getting in her car. Her parents were annoyed, and she knew that. But she didn't care.

Once Olivia got to the school, she walked in the gymnasium and all eyes were on her. People clearly didn't expect to see her in the dress she was wearing, with the hair she had on her head and her eyeliner more noticeable than it usually was.

They loved it.

"She's here!" Maddy cheered, calling Olivia over to where the rest of the girls were standing. She hugged Cassie, Lexi, Rue, Jules and Maddy. They all gave each other compliments like "I love your hair!" and "You look beautiful".