Chapter 11

The image above is what Lady Victoria Puissante looks like except for the clothes and she looks older obviously.
Bellow are her clothes, just a more expensive and dark colors.

I don't own these images, all images belong to their rightful owners

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV

Two weeks have gone by since, the incident... James remained locked in his room all day, every day, in fear that something might happen to him, but mostly, in fear of rejection.

The maids of the mansion took his meals and left them in front of his bedroom door, but he would only eat a few of those meals. His parents were extremely worried for his wellbeing but had no idea of what they could do, they didn't exactly understand the "problem" to begin with afterall. This brought a melancholic mood to befall the Azuree manor.

Meanwhile in the Puissante estate, the young mistress of the manor had been worried ever since the incident, and her worries only grew as time went on. She noticed the sudden disappearance of the future heir to the Azuree manor. The young master of the Azuree manor had not been seen in any social gatherings for two weeks and no one has heard of him either... Viola was worried. No, beyond that... she was scared, anxious, and worried.

She had figured that James would not attend the play date hosted by the Digne family from two weeks ago, it was to be expected really, the only reason she attended was because her mother had scolded her.

"Now Viola, you mustn't be bothered by such trivial matters. This is a social gathering, and among the children of the four dukes no less. I expect you to handle it properly so and be on your finest behavior... And of course, keep a reasonable distance from James Azuree. Am I understood? I am confident that you have learned well enough to handle your social image at least decently." Instructed Lady Victoria as Viola listened while hiding her unsure disposition.

But, to her surprise... she was not able to carry out her mother's instructions. For James Azuree did not show up to the playdate from two weeks ago... or the one after that... or the one after that...

Viola's POV

This is the third playdate among the four dukes and the royal family that James has missed... it has begun to look suspicious... Edmund being the prideful boy he is, wasted no time in complaining the first time... but, now even the crown prince is worried... Everyone has grown worried... I am worried...

To think... is it really true? Or could it be that he only said what he did for the sake of getting out of the engagement... to not marry me?

No, no... he is not that type of person... is he?

To think that... My mother explained it to me. What James meant when he said he "did not like girls." I had never considered that this was a possibility... After-all, marriage always seemed like a diplomatic affair to me... A responsibility if anything... I suppose storybooks are somewhat true then.