Chapter 16.5

3rd Person POV

'So...

I'm pretty sure the other nobles aren't taking very well the little stunt I pulled last time....

Well shit-'

Thought James as he stands stiffly in the ballroom of a random (unimportant) Earl's estate. Of course he was standing with the children of the other dukes as the lesser nobles gossiped about him... Unsubtly so-

'These girls don't know what discreet means do they... Or is this on purpose?' Thinks James as he glances at the gossiping girls that glance at him from time to time as they whisper to each other.

"James."

James hears his name being called. He turns back to the other children and looks at Viola who had called his name. "Huh? What?" Says James with a clueless face as he turns to look at the children, wondering what he missed.

Viola sighs in slight disappointment as Edmund glares at the gossiping girls with distaste which immediately silences said girls as they scurry away in slight fear. "Tch, I see regardless of class there will always be vixens and wenches around." Says Edmund in distaste as Viola furrows her eyebrows slightly with a clearly displeased expression.

"What crass words. Hmph, Are you even a noble? And might I say, you have no right to speak Edmund. You hate all women, regardless if she is a saint or a sinner." Says Viola as she turns to look at James while Edmund glares at her, meanwhile Albert and Raymond stare slightly shocked at Viola's sudden anger.

"Do not concern yourself with idle gossip James. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was that Young Lady Riche that started all of this. But regardless, the rumors of lesser nobles can be easily subdued and have barely any value... I will take care of it." States Viola as she takes a sip of her wine.

'Wine... I had not realized this before but... We are technically underaged drinking aren't we?' Thinks James as he stares down at his glass of fruit juice. 'Well, not me... Viola, Albert, and Edmund are the only ones actually drinking wine... But I guess it's to be expected from families of high prestige... Especially since we're 15 years old now...' Thinks James as he takes a sip of his juice.

"Oh, that reminds me... We will spend more time together from now on right?" Says Albert with a small happy smile. Albert's cute and pure smile makes James smile too. "Hm? What do you mean?" Asks James after he processes Albert's words.

Everyone now stares at James with a blank face that turns into looks of amusement. Fannie gives an awkward smile as Edmund shakes his head with a sigh. "Lord James... Could it be that you forgot?" Asks Fannie as James sweat-drops. "Ummm, No?" Says James as Albert chuckles slightly which makes James blush in embarrassment.

"We are going to begin the Academy soon." Says Raymond with a small smile and kind eyes as James turns to Raymond in realization.

'That's right... The Léo Sunrise Academy... This is where the game actually begins...' Thinks James as the other noble children laugh a bit at James's realization and then continue their idle conversations. James however, begins to get lost on his thoughts and zones out.

'This is where I will meet all of the characters that I haven't met yet. Like the Villainess's lackeys and... The heroine...' Thinks James with slight worry.

'I will have to keep myself out of trouble.

And gain as many allies as possible.

So I can win the prince's heart.

And get a happy ending.'

'From here on out. Things will get serious.' Thinks James determinedly.

"And so the game begins."