Chapter 10

Y/n POV
It was the day before the dance and we were all headed to Hogsmead to get our dresses. The girls and guys had to be separated and we were going on two separate trips. Girls in the morning, guys in the afternoon.

I sat with Luna, Ginny and Harmione on the carriage ride there. "So what kind of dress are you looking for?" Ginny asked us all. "I think I want a pink dress" Hermione smiled. "I don't have anything in mind but I'm sure I'll find the perfect dress there" Luna smiled. "And you?" Ginny asked me. "I want something that's Royal blue" I smiled. "And what do you want Ginny?" Hermione asked. "I'm not sure" she half smiled.

We got to the shop and it was filled with girls. They were all looking at stunning dresses. *Hermionie wore her Yule ball dress, Ginny wore the slug club party dress and Ginny wore the dinner party dress——or you could just think of whatever you want it won't affect anything:)*

I walked around the store for a little while until I spotted this gorgeous dress.

"What do you guys think?" I asked smiling walking out of the change room "wow

"What do you guys think?" I asked smiling walking out of the change room "wow... y/n you look so gorgeous!" Hermione smiled. "My brother will be the luckiest guy at the ball" Ginny smiled. "Thank you guys so much" I smiled hugging them.

I took the dress off and we all went to pay. Before we walked to the carriages we decided to go get a butter beer. "Luna, who are you going with?" I asked smiling. "Neville asked me, I'm quite excited" she smiled.

After we had our butterbeer and we got back to Hogwarts the boys had 20 minutes before they left to go to hogsmead. I sat down with Hermione then the boys ran in to the great hall. "Hey" I smiled at Ron as he sat next to me. "Hey" he smiled out of breath. "You two should be getting ready to leave" Hermione snapped. "Relax we still have 20 minutes" Ron said as he put his arm around my shoulder. "Beside we haven't seen you two all day" Harry said as he bit into an apple. "That because we've been busy and you two decided to sleep in when I told you we wouldn't be seeing each other all day, you won't be back till dinner then after y/n and I are going to study while you two have detention" Hermione scowled mostly Ron but Harry too.

"Boys, time to leave" Mcgonagall said walking up to Harry and Ron. "Bye" Ron smiled kissing me on the cheek.

Time skip to the ball
It was about 7:00PM so we had about an hour till the dance started. I had my hair in smooth curls and my makeup was done flawlessly. I slipped my dress on then put my black heals on. After all that it was about 7:46. Hermione, Ginny and I were making last minute touches until we heard Fred yell "oi you three get down here now!"

We all smiled at each other then Ginny walked down first and I heard Harry go "wow!" Then Hermione went and Fred whistled really loud. After I walked down and Ron's jaw dropped. George nudged him and smiled. Ron looked very handsome in his dress robes. Him and Harry bought matching ones.

I got to Ron and he took my hand. "You look absolutely stunning" he smiled looking me up and down. "Thank you" I blushed. "You look very handsome" I smiled setting my hand on his chest.

"Let's get to the ball now... we don't want to waste all our time here" Hermione said trying not to smile.

We got to the great hall and the roof was enchanted to look like a nice summer night. It was beautifully lit and it was just perfect in there. Everyone looked so wonderful and happy except Draco and his cronies. Draco was in the corner staring at me. "Would you like some punch?" Ron asked. I knew he only asked because he wanted an excuse to go get food. "Sure" I smiled back. As Ron went over to the table I decided to go talk to Draco.

"Hey" I smiled. "Y/n... hey.. you look... stunning" he smiled. "Thank you" I smiled back. "I was just wondering if you're okay.. you don't seem to be having fun" I sympathetically smiled. "I wasn't when I seen you and Ron walk in but then I realized that you're finally happy... I wasn't right for you and this is.. if I truly love you I need to know that.. I must let you go, have fun y/n" Draco smiled. "Thank you, Draco, I with nothing but the best for you" I smiled back.

I made my way back to smiling Ron who, I could tell, was trying really hard not to drink my punch. As soon as I got over to him he quickly handed me the gauntlet and smiled "here". I quickly drank it so we could dance.

Ron put my hand in his then held me close by my waist and danced with me looking me in the eyes. "I see you're wearing the necklace I got for you" he smiled. "Always am" I smiled back

It was getting close to the end of the dance and Ron and I have been having an amazing time. "You know, I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember" he chuckled. "Have you" I smirked. "I smelt you in the Amortentia" he blushed. "I smelt you too... I think you knew that already though" I smiled at him.

"I'm in love with you, y/n" he looked at me seriously. "I'm in love with you too" I felt happier then I have ever felt in my life. I've never felt this way before. "Would you, Y/n Diggory, be my girlfriend?" He smiled. "Of course Ron" I smiled brightly.

He then pulled me in for a deep and passionate kiss and promised to never let me go.