Chapter 3

Y/n POV
It was lunch time and I went to sit next to Ron who was talking to his friends and he looked furious. I sat down smiling "what's going on?" I asked turning to Hermione. She sighed then Ron carefully grabbed my wrist but tight enough so I wouldn't pull away. He pulled my sleeve up to see my wrist revealing the red marks from Draco. "Why do you deal with him?" He snapped at me. "Ron this is none of your business." I snapped pulling my arm away. "Y/n it is my business" he yelled. "How? How is my relationship with Draco, any of your business?" I yelled standing up and storming out of the Great Hall.

Time skip
It was later in the evening and I was walking with Draco to his dorm. When we got in he slammed the door and turned to me. "You didn't smell me in the Amortentia potion and now your bloody friends are spreading the rumour that I'm abusing you!" He yelled. "I didn't say anything Draco" I looked down. He gently lifted up my chin with his finger then he slapped me across the face "you will look at me when I speak to you! Do you understand?" He yelled again. "Yes" I whispered beginning to cry. "Get out of my room" he snapped shoving me on the ground. I could feel a bruise already start to form on my hip. I quickly got up and ran out.

When I got to my common room Ron tried to stop me "y/n we need to talk." He calmly said. I ran past him up to my room balling. No one was in the room so I pulled my pants down and looked in the mirror to see a slightly purple bruise starting to form on my hip. I started to cry even more. Draco was a lot stronger then me. I fear if I don't tell anyone he will get worse and I'll be stuck in this abusive relationship for even longer.

Hermione walked in the room and sat on my bed next to me. "Look, if you want to talk about this, I'm here" she grabbed my hand and smiled but her smiled faded quickly. "Your face... what happened" she looked very serious. "Nothing" I looked down. "Y/n don't lie" she snapped. "Fine.... Draco, he uhm, he slapped me" I sighed trying to hold back my tears. "Don't tell anyone please, I beg you!" I turned to her. "Fine... if it gets any worse though you will be telling someone, you need to end things y/n" she sympathetically smiled then walked out. My cat Piper hopped up on my bed and comforted me.

Ron's POV
Hermione walked back down looking very concerned. "Look, Ron, I promised I wouldn't tell so if I tell you, you can not tell anyone especially her and Draco." I nodded and then she continued. "She didn't tell me much but she does have a red mark on her face. I asked her what it was and she was hesitant to tell me at first but then she told me Draco slapped her. She didn't tell me why but she did say he slapped her. I know you want to do something but trust me, Ron, just don't do anything".
I nodded then I went to sit down. I put my head in my hands and just thought. How do I get her out of this? She deserves so much more then what she has. How do I get her to realize that?

Y/n POV
I was sitting with Hermione watching the quidditch tryouts and she looked really worried. "Hermione, are you okay?" I quietly asked. "Yes, I'm fine, I'm just worried about you, I know you didn't smell Draco in the Amortentia Potion, you smelt Ron. I'm just waiting for you to notice that you love him and he loves you!" she whispered yelled at me. "Draco loves me and I love him" I calmly whispered back to her. She pulled my sleeve up revealing my red wrist "that. Is not love" she said giving me a serious look then setting my arm down.

I looked back on to the field. Ron looked dreadful. Ron looked over at me and Hermione so I gave him a thumbs up and he did it back. Ron and Cormac started talking and I was awfully confused. "Hermione, I didn't know Ron and Cormac were friends." "They're not, I suspect their talking about you... he's asked me and Harry about you already" she raised her eyebrows. "He's vile" I laughed. Ron wasn't doing so well for his tryouts so I thought I'd help him out. "Confundus" I whispered. "Y/n.. that's cheating" Hermione whispered. "I- I know. I just had to help Ron." I whispered back looking down. Before I looked down I noticed her smiled.

Time skip
I was sitting next to Ron on the couch and Hermione and Harry were sitting on the floor. Ron put his arm up on the couch behind me then spoke "I have to admit, I thought I was gonna miss that last one. I hope Cormacs not taking it too hard." He smiled to himself. I nudged him slightly and smiled at him. "He's got a bit of a thing for you, y/n. Cormac." He looked away then back at me. I gave him a look "he's vile" I then looked away to the fire.

"Have you ever heard of this spell? Sectumsempra?" Harry asked Hermione. "No, I haven't. And if you had a shred of self respect,  you'd hand that book in." Hermione snapped at him. "Not bloody likely. He's top of the class. He's even better then you, Hermione. Slughorn thinks he's a genius." Ron spoke. I looked over at him and rolled my eyes. "What?" He asked looking very confused. "I'd like to know whose that book was. Let's have a look." Hermione said reaching for it. "No." Harry stood up. "Why not?" Hermione asked. "The binding is fragile" Harry said putting it behind his back. "The binding it fragile?" Hermione annoyingly asked. "Yeah" Harry replied. I snatched the book from his hands and backed away to open it. "Who's the half-blood prince?" I asked looking up at him. "Who?" Hermione asked stepping closer to me. "That's what it says right here: 'this book is property of the half-blood prince.'" I handed the book back to Harry and sat next to Ron again.

Hermione and Harry both went to bed to it was just Ron and I. I leaned into him to slightly lay on him. "Y/n.... are you okay?" He calmly asked. "Yep" I quietly said more to me then him. "How are things with Draco?" He asked. He never asks this. "What?" I quickly sat up. "Calm down, I only asked how things were with Draco." He slightly laughed. "Oh- uhm, things are going good, great actually." I smiled.
"Could I ask you something?" He looked me in the eyes. "Anything" I smiled. "Why'd you look at me before you looked at Draco after you smelt the Amortentia potion?" He looked really calm. "I- I uh. I don't know what you're talking about" I smiled getting up.