Chapter 1

About you
Year 6
Gryffindor
Y/n Diggory

Y/n POV
It was the new school year two years after Cedric passed away and life was harder then ever. I was in a relationship with Draco Malfoy and he never made it any easier.

"Yeah I had a fun summer" I smiled at Blaise "that's nice, I'm glad" he smiled back. Dracos friends were always nice to me because they liked me a lot. "Oh shut it y/n" Draco groaned. I looked down at my hands that were folded at the table on the Hogwarts express. "Stop acting like people actually care what you have to say" Draco spat. I felt my eyes glaze over so I got up and left.

I found an empty compartment and sat in it. I quietly cried in my hands but I heard a knock at the door of my compartment. I wiped the tears away and looked up. It was Ron. I immediately felt my smile grow then I nodded for him to come in. "How are you feeling?" He fake smiled at me. "Good" I didn't look up at him. "Happy birthday, I got you something" he took my hand and placed a necklace in it. "Wow, thank you... you didn't have to" I smiled at him. "I did have to" he smiled big then threw a bag of my favourite candy on my lap.

"Get up I'll help you put it on" he grabbed my hands helping me up. He moved my hair slowly to the front and did up the necklace. His warm hands grazed my neck and it sent shivers down my spine. I slowly turned around and he just looked me in the eyes. He slowly moved his hands to connect with mine "I need to tel-." He got cut off by the door swinging open. Draco walked in and pushed Ron away from me then grabbed my wrist firmly and brought me back to the table.

Ron walked over and set my candy on the table "have a nice birthday y/n" he continued walking away. "It's not your birthday" Draco looked at me confused. "It is actually" I looked away from him. He didn't say anything back he just started to talk to Pansy and Blaise. I wasn't exactly paying attention then Draco glared at me "what?" I whispered. All the sudden a smoke bomb went off and filled the air with black smoke. "What was that? Blaise?" Draco yelled. "Don't know." He softly replied. "Relax, boys. It's probably just a first year messing around. Come on, Draco. Sit down. We'll be at Hogwarts soon." I said grabbing his hand to sit him back down. He shot his hand away then sat down. "Hogwarts. What a pathetic excuse for a school. I'd pitch myself off the astronomy tower if I had to continue for another two years." Draco coldly spoke. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked looking sharply at him. "Let's just say I don't think you'll see me wasting my time in charms class next year." He looked back at me. Blaise let out a quiet laugh. "Amused, Blaise? We'll see just who's laughing in the end." He stated looking at Blaise now.

We soon arrived at Hogwarts. Draco helped me out of the seat then looked at me "you go with those two, I wanna check something" I let go of his hand and nodded then walked off. I waited at the exit and all the blinds shut quickly. I shrugged it off and waited some more and then he slowly walked off. "You waited for me?" He asked stopping in front of the exit. "Of course I did, let's go now" I said grabbing his wrist to make him walk. We walked in silence then we reached the entrance. "Finally, names please." Flitwick said. "Why?" Draco asked coldly. "You know our names" I laughed. "No exceptions Diggory" he stated. Draco grabbed my wrist and pulled me away.

Snape met us at the pile of trunks and Filch started to looking through our stuff. "What's this cane here, then?" Filch asked Draco. "It's not a cane, you cretin. It's a walking stick." Draco spat back. Draco stepped a bit closer to him so I backed him up "and what exactly would you be wanting with a... walking stick? Could be constructed as an offensive weapon" Filch looked between me and Draco.

"It's alright, Mr.Filch. I can vouch for Mr.Malfoy" Draco grabbed it from his hands then we heard Harry speak. We turned to see him and there was something wrong with his nose "nice face, Potter" Draco smirked to himself. He looked at me and seen I wasn't amused then he dragged me along next to him. "Did you do that?" I whispered. "Do what?" He whispered back. "Break his nose" I whispered once again. "Why would I tell you" he spat at me. "Oh I don't know.... maybe because I'm your girlfriend" I spat back at him. "Please, you're just my personal toy" I ignored him after that.

We reached the great hall and I spotted Ron, Hermione and Ginny. I sat in between Ron and Hermione. "Hey" I weakly smiled. "Hey" Ron smiled while stuffing his face. Hermione was totally in her head. "Have you seen Harry?" She suddenly turned to me. "Ye-." I began to say but Ron cut me off "don't worry. He'll be here in a minute" Ron said still stuffing his face. Hermione reached over me and repeatedly hit him with a book "will. You. Stop. Eating. Your best friend is missing" she worryingly stated. "Oi. Turn around, you lunatic" Ron said rubbing his arm. "He's covered in blood again. Why is it he's always covered in blood?" Ginny asked turning to me. "Looks like it's his own this time" Ron said looking at me now.

"Where have you been? What happened to you face?" Hermione whisper yelled. "Later" Harry rubbed off what she just asked. "What've I missed" he asked Ron. "Sorting hat urged us all to be brave and strong in those troubled times. Easy for him to say, huh? It's a hat, isn't it?" Ron laughed turning to me. I fake smiled at him then he looked down and started eating again.

"Very best of evenings to you all. First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff: Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defence Against The Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape. Now as you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have to right to know why. Once there was a young man, who, like you, sat in this very hall,walked this castles corridors, slept under its roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other, his name? Tom Riddle. Today of course, he's known all over the world by another name. Which is why, as I stand looking out upon you all tonight I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castles walls. But in the end. Their greatest weapon is you. Just something to think about now off to bed pip-pip" Dumbledore spoke.

"That was cheerful" I smiled at Ron. "Yeah, let's get to the common room" he smiled back helping me up.