[9] Dog Fight

It's been a week since he did his new work, it was surprisingly balanced between school and work

It's been a week since he did his new work, it was surprisingly balanced between school and work. Though the only bad thing about his work was the Goths, mostly Micheal being a dick to him. He didn't know what he did to piss off the other, but it was bothering him, and causing him to lose his temper. [M/N] was lucky that his bosses were just too laid-back and didn't care, lucky them.

Now he was at the counter, his shift over and he was playing around with the ringtones on his phone. Humming as he did so, then the door opens, the small bell rings as he stands up. It must've been Trent to pick him up since the others don't bother offering him a ride. Lately, it's been weird avoidance with them and him, of course, they talked in class or even a simple greeting but they didn't interact with him as a friend, more like an awkward one-nightstand. 

[M/N] looked up and moved out the way as a kick was aimed at his head. He moved back as another was aimed, their boot almost touching his nose. Though he moved back more from the attacker to see a man in a biker uniform but his eyes weren't shot from doing drugs, no, they were instead all black.

"A demon, haven't come by around your kind in a good long while." [M/N] said as the man opened his lips, blood dripping down as he hissed at [M/N]. The hunter moved back again when the man lurched forwards to swing at him and [M/N] ducked in between the meat puppet's legs. He kicked him forwards and the biker puppet falls flat on his face, [M/N]'s eyes glanced around him for his bag but the demon was faster. The demon gripped his face and slammed it down on the counter, knocking some clean mugs off and more things began falling off as the demon slides [M/N] body on the counter. 

The demon lets the hunter's body fall and crumples up against the cleaning cart. Supplies fell onto him and [M/N] groans as the demon advanced towards him with an ugly smirk. [M/N] groans as he props himself up with another painful groan, grasping the dirty plate. Once the demon was close enough, he throws the plate at him but the demon moved his head away quickly. A loud crack was heard when the demon moved his neck. [M/N] stared at him in disgust, as the head slowly rotates correctly.

"Oops it, well, at least no witnesses will be left." The demon spoke, as he spat blood onto the floor, he moved his hand and grasped the gun from his holster, clicking the safety off. [M/N] glared at the gun and slowly got himself into a crouch. 

"Not so fast!"

[M/N] howls as the man shot his arm, he looked to see blood dripping, though no sign of clotting correctly. He then winced at the steaming sensation of pain and noticed the scent the bullet left. No way....pure silver bullets...

"Suprised? Well, the bitch that summoned me gave some to me. How lucky, though, the idea of me killing you makes me so happy. A doggie like you, being killed by a summoning demon like me? heh! I might even level up to management back in hell from this job." The demon spoke with unusual glee that scared him a bit. [M/N] winced as he moved a bit, more blood coming down and he pressed his hand against it, grit teeth and glared at the demon.

"Hehe! Such a cute expression on your face, I could watch it all day." The demon licked his lips, and [M/N] sneered in disgust as his heart pounds against his chest. This would be the end, the end of his life as [M/N] [L/N], the hunter. The Dog of the Church, and that sounded nice. Though, if Reincarnation was a thing and he came back, he would be pissed. The demon watched [M/N], an ugly and cruel grin comes upon his face as he leans down, pressing the gun against his forehead, [M/N] stared back into the soulless black eyes. [M/N] only hearing the sound of his heart beating and the little taunting click of the trigger.

"...Man, no expression or crying, I was hoping for crying." The demon sighs before pressed the gun closer to his forehead, and grins. " Goodbye, Doggie~" He cooed as [M/N] shuts his eyes to accept his fate at last. Though there was no click and the weight of the gun seemed to left. [M/N] snapped his eyes open to see the demon slumped over, a knife sticking out of his throat as Maria yanked it out.

Blood covers the floor and [M/N] blinked a few times, staring blankly as Maria kneels to look over him. He could hear her muffled talking and he couldn't understand much like the blood from his arm kept pooling as well. Black dots filled his vision as someone else entered the cafe, their moppy mess of red hair and fast gestures reminded him of Kyle. 

Maybe it was Kyle?
Who knows, since he fell to his side, against the broken shards of cups that were meant to be put in the kitchen for washing. Once his eyes were shut, everything tuned out, and [M/N] felt very cold.