Hugs? (Intruality)

TW: Crying, touch starved Remus. I think that's it.

A short comfort fic because Remus deserves all the hugs.

Lately Remus has been feeling... numb, empty, cold. Well more so than usual. He's lonely in the dark side of the mindspace now that Janus has been accepted and spends most of his time with the light sides. Remus wants to be accepted too, he really does, but he also knows that that is not very likely. So he contents himself by watching the others, throwing in an occasional visit. Although he's only really seen as a nuisance, the presence of others helps him a little bit.

Remus is now hiding in the light side's kitchen, hoping to find and bother Roman. He spots his brother heading down the stairs. He stops dead in his tracks when Virgil walks up to Roman and wraps his arms around the taller one. Princey does the same, smiling. He's seen them do this before. The light sides seem to be very fond of it. Hugs. It... looks really nice actually...

"Remus?" The duke is startled out of his thoughts when Patton joins him in the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Specs." He waves but his attention is brought back to the two in the living room, now cuddled on the couch.

The moral side furrows his brows, and follows Remus' gaze. "Did Roman tell you?"

"Tell me what?

"Oh, I guess he didn't. He and Virgil are dating now." Instead of the expected joke, laugh or teasing, Remus just nods looking down at his hands. "Hey, you ok kiddo?"

Remus looks up, surprised. "Huh? Of course!" He goes for one of his manic smiles but it's clearly fake.

Patton hesitates. He's never been too fond of Remus and what he does to Thomas but... Well he's still one of the sides. "Do you... Do you need a hug?"

The duke looks up, head tilted in confusion. "A hug?"

Patton chuckles nervously. "Well you just seem to be feeling down so I thought maybe you'd like one." He starts thinking that he might have pushed his luck with the dark side when he stays quiet. He's just looking at him. He's about to apologize when Remus speaks up, almost a whisper.

"I've never done that before..." Pattons eyes widened. Sure he didn't expect the dark mindspace to be as nice but... It starts to dawn on him that the dark sides might have been through worse than he thought.

"You've never had a hug?" Remus shakes his head, wringing his hands together in front of him. He's never looked this vulnerable. This... sad. "Oh, kiddo." Patton pulls him in, wrapping his arms tightly around Remus. He gives a surprised yelp, awkwardly grabbing the front of Patton's shirt.

It's warm. Remus feels safer than he's ever felt before, in someone else's arms. He can't help the hot tears from streaming down his cheeks. He buries his face into Patton's chest, gripping his shirt like his life depends on it.

Patton notices him shaking and sniffling. It absolutely shatters his heart. He holds the other closer, rubbing circles into his back. "It's ok, kiddo. I've got you."