Never again

TW: Hanahaki disease, blood, coughing, suffocation, crying, death.

Wooo more angst. Actually kinda like this one even tho it's short. (About 300 words.) This is more the kind of style I wanna write in.

I never actually specify who Remus fell in love with so just go with whoever you want.

————

Remus had done something terrible. Something unforgivable.

Remus fell in love.

He'd never had thought that that was even possible and yet here he is. And how did he know for sure?

The flowers.

It started with a simple cough. Remus didn't think anything of it, he'd probably just caught a cold. He's always had a bad habit of sitting in the rain. He wasn't too concerned.

But then came the first petal.

A simple white flower petal had somehow found its way into his mouth. Remus spit it out, confused.

It only started to happen more and more, the petals coming up stained with blood. Often times, he had to excuse himself to painfully cough up delicate flowers.

It slowly became harder to breathe as the flowers continued to grow, until he found himself perched over the sink in his bathroom. His hands were stained with blood as he violently coughs up flower after flower.

Remus collapsed to the floor, tears running down his cheeks as the hopelessness set in. He scratched at his throat, leaving harsh red marks along his neck.

He couldn't breathe.

No air reached his lungs. He felt the dull aching pain setting his lungs on fire, as his brain was starved of oxygen. The metallic taste of blood was strong and acidic on his tongue.

His limbs became weaker, until he no longer had the strength to try. His eyelids slid shut as he fell backwards onto the cool tiled floor.

Although I'd like to say that that is where his suffering ended, that would be wrong.

Remus was stuck in an endless hell, an agonizing hopelessness for another ten minutes before he passed out.

No one found his body until days later, a beautiful garden of white Camellias sprouting from his chest.

On that day, they all vowed that never again, would they fall in love.