The Split

This was supposed to be the prologue for another story I was planning but I couldn't find the ideas or motivation to continue so this is it for now.

I am working on another one shot (so far it's 1500 words-), but it's taking me longer than expected to finish it up. It's also part of an AU I'm definitely gonna write more about, so expect some good angst from that.

———————

CW: Crying, kinda creepy imagery, yelling, dangerous and disturbing thoughts, the Creativity Split.

——————

Poor Remus had no idea what happened. There was screaming and tears and a sudden burning pain scorching through his body.

He wakes up dizzy, his vision blurry though whether it be from tears or or the fuzziness of his brain, he doesn't know. Everything hurts. He's scared.

A tall tanned boy with glasses and sandy hair is looking down at him with fear, hatred and disgust. He's cradling another boy in his arms. Warm amber skin, freckles and beautiful red brown hair. He seems to have passed out. Why? What's going on?

You killed him.

Remus shakes his head. He couldn't have, right?

"Logic, we need to get him out of here." The blonde kid looks over to another boy with a matching pair of glasses. His eyes are a deep blue and his hair black. He's wearing a tie which seems ridiculous to Remus. Ties are for adults only and he couldn't have possibly been over 7 years old.

Take his tie, wrap it around his throat and watch as his face turns into a matching blue as he fails to breathe in air into his lungs-

What? No. No. He's not going to hurt him. He's not going to hurt anyone.

But you already have.

No! He hasn't!

You caused this. You hurt him. You're the bad guy. The villain.

"Stop it!!" Remus doesn't know what the voice is talking about, but he knows he's not bad. He can't be. Right? Remus' sudden outburst surprises the other two conscious sides. The taller one scurries away with the red haired boy, fear evident in his bright blue eyes.

See? All you do is scare everyone around you.

"Deceit." The cold voice of who must be Logic cuts through his swirling thoughts, forcing him to look up again.

Beside him stands another boy with light hair pulled back in a braid and shiny green scales across his face, contrasting against his deep brown skin. The scales have an odd beauty about them.

Rip them off. Watch him scream and cry and beg as you tear his face apart staining it red with his blood-

Remus violently shakes his head as if it would make the voice leave. The kid he assumes is known as Deceit gives him one look and extends his gloved hand. Remus blinks at it before grabbing it and letting himself be pulled up into the snakes arms.

"Take him away. Get him out of here and never come back." There is no argument, the three simply sharing hatful glances. Who is this? Where is he being taken? Did he do something bad?

Of course you did. You always ruin everything.

No, that can't be true. He only just got here, wherever here is.

A sudden wave of nausea hits Remus as he feels himself moving without his consent, a sinking sensation pulling at him, forcefully shoving the breath out of his lungs.

The arms let go and he stagers, his exhaustion all hitting him at once. He takes a look around himself. Everything is blurry. It's dark and cold and he misses the arms around him-

What if they wrapped around your throat instead. Slowly squeezed the life out of you. It wouldn't be hard. You're vulnerable, and pathetic.

Black spots cover his vision and he feels more arms then what seems normal grabbing him before he falls and passes out cold.

————

Fuck.

Deceit doesn't know what to do with the strange boy now asleep in his multiple pairs of arms. He isn't quite sure of what happened. He had been summoned and rose up in the imagination. Or what he had assumed was the imagination.

It was as if Death themselves had passed through. The sky was gray and cloudy, the grass dead and crunching beneath his feet. The surrounding trees seemed to be reaching out with claw like branches, desperately trying to grasp anything nearby. All animals were gone, replaced by the eerie sound of a whispering wind.

Deceit took a look at the boy curled up on the ground. His light brown hair messy and ruined by a strip of white silver. His eyes were wide, green and full of tears.

Deceit stepped forward and pulled the scared child into his hold.

Morality and Logic glared at him.

He glared right back.

"Take him away. Get him out of here and never come back." Morality, always the charmer. Deceit bit his tongue and sunk out without a word.

He comes back up in their side of the mindscape. A gloomy not so comfortable looking living room. This is the side where they had been banished.

"W-who is that?"

Speaking of which, Anxiety, a tall sickly pale boy with long purple bangs covering his eyes stands a few feet away. He looks about ready to bolt at the slightest movement from the new arrival.

Deceit sighs. He gently places the shivering boy down on the couch, looking back at Anxiety with something akin to despair in his eyes.

"Our new roommate."